May 22nd Game Thread: ChiSox @Arizona D-backs

Archer's not dominating this year either, close to a 4 ERA (basically the same as Q)...

The Rays would have little interest in Schwarber on that artificial turf, that's for sure. And the one thing that goes against that deal is that Baez has been "created" by the Rays system over and over again (Zobrist/Keppinger/Forsythe, on and on) without having to give up their very best young pitcher to get him.

It's an interesting deal, though. Scouts always favor the stuff guys like Cole and Archer over the free and easy 91-93 MPH of Q (or Buehrle, for that matter).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSide2004 @ May 23, 2017 -> 02:15 AM)
The Rays are two games from a wild card spot. I can't tell if you're a closet Cubs fan or just super pessimistic.

Why is saying they will trade for Archer being pessimistic? Not a lot of long-term controllable options out there, and Tampa has long been rumored to love Baez. Tampa will fade IMO as Dickerson slows down

The Cubs' game is more compelling at the moment...that damned Happ is starting off like a house afire. Had a PH triple.

So rooting against bullpens all around baseball has become kind of fun, in a strange way. In this case, the Giants are unlikely to care if they blow a game or not

Leury Garcia currently second in Sox line-up with an 819 OPS.

Never saw that one coming. Alex Rios was worth more than Greg thought.

Edited by caulfield12

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/231817418/ro...-over-phillies/

Speaking of "Western" Coast, Jeff Hoffman with an impressive debut for the Rockies. His name has come up a ton in the last 2-3 years, especially draft threads.

Late game rally doesn't seem in the cards for tonight, but stranger things have happened this season (so far). Looks like this game is pretty much over, though.

Gonzalez would be the loser of his fifth straight, right?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2017 -> 10:16 PM)
Goldschmidt would be a lot more well-known nationally if he played for the Red Sox, Yankees or Cubs.

Hear ya....he just goes about his business and does things right. Hell of a player and teammate. Another guy I really like on the DBacks in Lamb. I've never really followed the DBacks all that much even living out here..but I really like this team they have and the new skipper.

Edited by Wanne

Who's going to play SS for the White Sox if it's NOT Anderson?

Saladino's really the only one qualified, he can't hit and he can't even stay healthy.

Moncada's a 2B first and 3b, second.

Leury Garcia??? Yolmer Sanchez doesn't have the arm.

I guess Robert/Anderson/Harper would be pretty good, though...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 23, 2017 -> 03:30 AM)
Tim was so good defensively last year as a rookie. Disappointing season for him defensively. Reminds me of Frazier first year when we got him.

Just extremely sloppy, which is what his reputation was defensively in the minors.