Painful and Difficult situation

Kyyle23

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is the case here, but maybe this kid himself was also molested as a child?

Certainly not trying to defend him, not trying to take a position on any particular team taking him, but just throwing out the fact that we really don't know much before we rush to all this judgment.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:04 AM)
Where did you hear this? I found articles clearly describing the event on a 6 year old as a 15 year old, but have found nothing describing it as an ongoing thing. I could possibly dig up some mercy if it was a one-time thing at 15, but the situation you describe puts it in a whole other ballpark.

Last thing I'll say about it in this thread:

Prosecutors initially charged Heimlich with two counts of molestation for incidents between September 2009 and September 2010, and between September 2011 to December 2011. In Washington, child molestation in the first degree is a Class A felony.

“She said that the first time the respondent touched her she was four years old and that she was six years old the last time he did this,” according to court records.

This source cites court documents that describe the originally charged offense before it was pled down.

https://www.seccountry.com/vanderbilt/orego...l-vs-vanderbilt

He does not deserve to play professional baseball.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
That's not accurate according to the story that made this national news...

The national coverage has been dumbed down to just reflect his final charges.

The reality was much worse.

It's obviously impossible for me to not engage in discussion about this s*** - the only thing to gain is having the truth be known. As meaningless as it may be, the victim deserves it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 02:50 PM)
I don't know if this is the case here, but maybe this kid himself was also molested as a child?

Certainly not trying to defend him, not trying to take a position on any particular team taking him, but just throwing out the fact that we really don't know much before we rush to all this judgment.

Child.......please.

The poor guy had his way with a girl starting when she was 4 ending when he was caught when she was 6.

We don't know, maybe something happened to OJ when he was 4 that caused him to be a POS. I prefer to hold people responsible for their actions and not search for some BS excuse. Again, his victim faces an uphill battle. That is who deserves the sympathy. She is only 11 years old right now.

He's done. No team will touch him. They won't put the rest of their players through this. They won't put their fanbase through this.

They won't subject themselves to all they would get for giving him a chance because he can throw a ball pretty well. There have been some real bad actors who have played professional baseball, but this offense may take the cake.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 12:58 PM)
Child.......please.

The poor guy had his way with a girl starting when she was 4 ending when he was caught when she was 6.

We don't know, maybe something happened to OJ when he was 4 that caused him to be a POS. I prefer to hold people responsible for their actions and not search for some BS excuse. Again, his victim faces an uphill battle. That is who deserves the sympathy.

He's done. No team will touch him. They won't put the rest of their players through this. They won't put their fanbase through this.

They won't subject themselves to all they would get for giving him a chance because he can throw a ball pretty well.

You only choose to read what you want to read, DA.

Be as judgemental of people you don't know as you'd like.

In 10 years, when this poor girl goes and stabs her male teacher in high school, you can then rush in and judge her too, because people should be "responsible for their actions," and not receive any consideration of some "BS excuse."

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 02:58 PM)
Child.......please.

We don't know, maybe something happened to OJ when he was 4 that caused him to be a POS. I prefer to hold people responsible for their actions and not search for some BS excuse. Again, his victim faces an uphill battle. That is who deserves the sympathy. She is only 11 years old right now.

They won't subject themselves to all they would get for giving him a chance because he can throw a ball pretty well. There have been some real bad actors who have played professional baseball, but this offense may take the cake.

Didn't someone in a thread say a Cubs official that was on one of the Score shows said they already removed him from their draft board? I would imagine most teams did this as well.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 03:04 PM)

In 10 years, when this poor girl goes and stabs her male teacher in high school, you can then rush in and judge her too, because people should be "responsible for their actions," and not receive any consideration of some "BS excuse."

Are you really defending a child molester?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
Didn't someone in a thread say a Cubs official that was on one of the Score shows said they already removed him from their draft board? I would imagine most teams did this as well.

The link someone posted earlier said 3 teams have removed him from their boards.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
Are you really defending a child molester?

Perhaps you could refer to previous posts, where I stated multiple times to the contrary.

I'm just not willing to rush into judge people and situations where I don't know s*** about what happened.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)

10 years from now, she'll be 21, so I don't think she'll be stabbing any of her current high school teachers. But if she does something atrocious down the road, yes, she should be held to account.

Seriously, try finding a serial killer or other hardcore degenerate who didn't have a f***ed up childhood. None of those tragedies form serious arguments for clemency from their later acts.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 03:08 PM)
Perhaps you could refer to previous posts, where I stated multiple times to the contrary.

I'm just not willing to rush into judge people and situations where I don't know s*** about what happened.

Since he won't be drafted, maybe you could get him to coach some youth baseball by you.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:12 PM)
10 years from now, she'll be 21, so I don't think she'll be stabbing any of her current high school teachers. But if she does something atrocious down the road, yes, she should be held to account.

Seriously, try finding a serial killer or other hardcore degenerate who didn't have a f***ed up childhood. None of those tragedies form serious arguments for clemency from their later acts.

Fine, her college professor. Better? For f***s sakes.

And now we are equating this kid to a serial killer. I'm not going to even bother.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:20 PM)
What? There are court documents and newspaper reports. What more do you want?

I am merely pointing out that at least I, myself, do not know anything about this kid's own childhood, background, etc.

Once again, I am not defending the act of child molestation.

What I am stating is that I, personally, try not to rush to judgment on matters that I don't know much about.

What is to be gained by my judgment, anyways? And by yours?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 03:23 PM)
I am merely pointing out that at least I, myself, do not know anything about this kid's own childhood, background, etc.

Once again, I am not defending the act of child molestation.

What I am stating is that I, personally, try not to rush to judgment on matters that I don't know much about.

What is to be gained by my judgment, anyways? And by yours?

You seem bothered by anyone coming to conclusions. Whether or not you want to think there may be a legitimate excuse for what he did (I guess you are in the everyone gets a trophy crowd), which I find ridiculous, either way, he would still be a sick person. Who would want that?

As you have mentioned a lot, this is a discussion board. That is what is to be gained.

Edited by Dick Allen

I've seen first hand the results of child abuse. Being killed may be an easier sentence than living through the effects of such an atrocious violation of dignity.

My exwife was kidnapped and molested for years as a child. There... I said it. That's just one reason I'm biased heavily on this topic.

If she somehow continued that cycle over to my son, I wouldn't have a single ounce of sympathy or leniency.

f*** people like Himlech, f*** the piss poor statutes of limitations in many cases for these offenses, f*** a society that just wants to push issues like this into the dark, f*** plea bargains for offenders, and f*** this kids potential as a baseball player.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 02:45 PM)
My position is that media outlets should be able to excersize their rights to freedom of speech and shouldn't be directed in how they respond. Any situation where national attention gets turned to this subject should be fair game to bring the need for tighter regulation and limitation statutes reform for prosecution against these types of crimes.

I get that the media really isn't free anymore but believe it should be.

Poop on Heimlich.

The Pac-12 network isn't the mainstream media. It's a media outlet owned by the conference.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)
You seem bothered by anyone coming to conclusions. Whether or not you want to think there may be a legitimate excuse for what he did (I guess you are in the everyone gets a trophy crowd), which I find ridiculous, either way, he would still be a sick person. Who would want that?

Not really, Dick.

You come to your own conclusions, I will come to mine.

Part of that is a legal conclusion stating that he should not be disallowed the privilege of playing professional ball because of his crime. That is not part of his punishment, is it?

I have not questioned anyone's moral judgment, and I have stated that repeatedly. Nor have I questioned anyone's desire for the White Sox to avoid this player.

Obviously that has offended you and caused you to attack me personally.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:30 PM)
He's already gotten a tremendous deal. No jail. Free college education. Maybe he can make something of himself. I don't feel sorry for him in the least.

No one has asked you to feel sorry for him.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:30 PM)
The Pac-12 network isn't the mainstream media. It's a media outlet owned by the conference.

"My position is that media outlets shouldn't be directing their correspondents about how they respond. People should be able to excersize their freedom of speech."

Maybe that's more clearly said then.