207!!!!

DonkeyKongerko

Eight, I believe, of Loaizas starts were not quality. And Loaiza choked, thats why Im dogging him. Wright didnt choke. Hes not a very good pitcher, but he didnt kill us when it counted so he is spared...

Wright didnt choke. Hes not a very good pitcher, but he didnt kill us when it counted so he is spared...

So your saying E-lo is a good pitcher?

Sorry to say this but man you get dumber with every arguement. Leave him alone dammit. It's sickening. Sheesh.

I'm not gonna pick a fight with ya but sheesh. Your arguemente gets dumber everytime. :bang

E-Lo a shot of Mexican Tequilla for you.. Congrats :drink Arriba !!! :headbang

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice spelling Josh. Its ironic being called dumb by a guy who cant spell argument...

Is being a hypocrite one of your better qualities, Roman? Josh is Puerto Rican I believe. Out of all the rebuttals that were made to your post, all you could find to post about is someones spelling? Very juvenile.

Is being a hypocrite one of your better qualities, Roman? Josh is Puerto Rican I believe. Out of all the rebuttals that were made to your post, all you could find to post about is someones spelling? Very juvenile.

He asked me if I said E-Los a good pitcher and then he called me dumb. There wasnt anything factual to argue...

He asked me if I said E-Los a good pitcher and then he called me dumb. There wasnt anything factual to argue...

Let's not get personal. I haven't attacked you even do many around here do. I mean your DUMB ARGUMENT about Loaiza.. But's it's ok...

I may not be bright....

But i'm not a frustraded jerk like you

Eight, I believe, of Loaizas starts were not quality. And Loaiza choked, thats why Im dogging him. Wright didnt choke. Hes not a very good pitcher, but he didnt kill us when it counted so he is spared...

Actually he only had seven non quality starts. And looking at the lines only 3 were really bad. In one start he gave up 3 runs in 5 innings, in two he gave up 5 ER in 7 innings, and against the Cubs he gave up 5 runs, 4 ER in 7 innings and most of those runs were Jimenez's fault. Blaming any part of this season on Loaiza is a joke. If Colon, Buehrle and the 5th starter along with the offense produced in the first half we never would have been in a tight race with Minnesota. Even in most of his bad starts Loaiza kept us in the game. Please Roman just shut up, and stop blaming the guy who was by far our best player this year and the team MVP.

Loaiza did OK but Pedros Ks were much more impressive. Imagine if Pedro pitched 226 innings instead of 186. It wouldnt even be close.

I refuse to give props to a choking fluke... :angry:

I guess you won't be giving Frank Thomas any props then because he has choked his whole career when the games actually mean something... :rolleyes:

:snr :cheers :canada :usa

Thank you TOR -> for giving up on him

Thank you KW -> for taking a gamble on him & more importantly having the confidence to offer an option yr.

Thank you E-LO for giving the SOX a year that recalls the dominance of one Black Jack McDowell.

Thank you Mark, for realizing that in a dead season E-LO's place in the record books is meaningful to SOX fans.

Will E-LO win the Cy Young? Y-E-S!!

Halladay has 22 wins, but E-LO will win it with the $$$ stats:

era: 2.90 vs Hall's 3.25

K's: 207 vs Hall's 204

Qs: 26 vs Hall's 23

K/9: 8.18 vs Hall's 6.90

WHIP: 1.12 vs Hall's 1.09

BAA: .233 vs Hall's 247

OPA: 633 vs Hall's 664

If I'm on the Cy Young Award board I look at 2 stats to decide the award:

era, Quality starts. E-LO beats Halladay in both.

Loaiza did OK but Pedros Ks were much more impressive. Imagine if Pedro pitched 226 innings instead of 186. It wouldnt even be close.

I guess you won't be giving Frank Thomas any props then because he has choked his whole career when the games actually mean something... :rolleyes:

I don't like the Thomas quote, because you have no idea how he would have performed w/out the strike of 1994.

But in regards to the Pedro vs E-LO argument,

ESPN has E-LO at 26/33 Qs & Pedro at 21/29 Qs.

E-LO wins the Qs % contest vs Pedro.

I don't like the Thomas quote, because you have no idea how he would have performed w/out the strike of 1994.

But in regards to the Pedro vs E-LO argument,

ESPN has E-LO at 26/33 Qs & Pedro at 21/29 Qs.

E-LO wins the Qs % contest vs Pedro.

Of course you point to '94 because it didn't happen. Look at 93 and 00 playoffs and the 03 stretch run. What trend would make you think any differently?

If Pedro was DURABLE enough to pitch those extra 40 innings, the Red sox might have finished first. The Red Sox had to baby Pedro all year. Loaiza just took the damn ball and pitched. Don't even try and tell me that Perdo was more valuable to Boston than Loaiza was to the White Sox.

I hate to dis Thomas, but he hasn't exactly been "Mr. Clutch" when the games were huge. You can't refer to '94 because it never happened. However, you can look at what he has done in the playoffs in those other years, and it's not pretty. Then you look at how he "performed" against the Twins down the stretch and ... well .... 'nuff said.

Roman, picking on someone's spelling in what should have been a discussion of two different points of view ... that's lame, dude.