caulfield12

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.drudgereport.com

https://www.infowars.com/cnn-pushes-claim-g...ter-wasnt-evil/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/20...eball-practice/

Rep. Mark Walker (R-NC) told a reporter the shooter “was there to kill as many Republican members as possible.”

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5471292591001/

Scalise shot: What the Virginia attack should teach us - the Second Amendment is not the problem, in fact it can save lives

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/06/14/...save-lives.html

We can preach bipartisanship all we want...but from listening to cspan for many days since the election, there are just a lot of Ill-informed people out there who are easily influenced by the news and social media on both sides, those are the ones who go to these websites and listen to radio shows and absorb this bombardment of coverage and the revenge factor will be impossible to resist. It's inevitable. To them, it's like the declaring of WW3.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
We can preach bipartisanship all we want...but from listening to cspan for many days since the election, there are just a lot of Ill-informed people out there who are easily influenced by the news and social media on both sides, those are the ones who go to these websites and listen to radio shows and absorb this bombardment of coverage and the revenge factor will be impossible to resist. It's inevitable. To them, it's like the declaring of WW3.

Sounds like you're describing a regular in these parts.

To see comments on twitter that say this guy is the face of liberalism is so predictable. Its coming from the same people that call all Muslims terrorists. They love to paint with a broad brush with everything. Generalize everything so that when actual facts are brought to the forefront to dispute your claim your comfortable retreat will be to just go back to the same generalization. Which Trump followers eat up every single damn time.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 03:43 PM)
To see comments on twitter that say this guy is the face of liberalism is so predictable. Its coming from the same people that call all Muslims terrorists. They love to paint with a broad brush with everything. Generalize everything so that when actual facts are brought to the forefront to dispute your claim your comfortable retreat will be to just go back to the same generalization. Which Trump followers eat up every single damn time.

:lol:

Now that's funny.

Just as predictable as not a single member of GOP arguing less guns or stricter laws would have prevented this...of course, they wouldn't say this directly to the family members if one of the four victims dies.

Inevitably, someone will call and mention the poor, Chicago, gangs, police are outgunned, criminals will still get the guns no matter what. So everyone has a gun (assured mutual destruction) or nobody but the police and military, like here in China. Nobody likes either of those alternatives, right? And certainly, there are fatal stabbing here, with mentally deranged men often targeting elementary schools because females (90-95% of teachers) and young kids can't fight back as effectively. But obviously far fewer mass shootings like the one in Norway at that island retreat, or Philippines recently.

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/14/d...shooting-239543

Trump gets high marks from Dems for his speech

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/14/j...ter-dead-239547

Hodgkinson had a much longer history of violence than originally reported

Members of Congress ask for more security after Scalise shot at baseball practice

https://www.yahoo.com/news/members-congress...-182006059.html

Rep. Barry Loudermilk, R-Ga., who was at the baseball game, said Congress should look into letting its lawmakers carry guns in Washington, according to a CNN reporter.

A lot of members were asking for changes,” said Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., after the meeting. “They want the ability to use campaign dollars to pay for security at their homes, increasing our budgets so we can be in secure locations because we can’t always rent places with good security. And people were also talking about death threats we are getting. Everyone is getting death threats right now.”

Rep. Raul Ruiz, D-Calif., told Yahoo News that he often receives death threats and his district office has been vandalized while staffers were inside. “In light of recent shootings and the political climate, I think there should be some ideas to beef up security not only in our homes and our communities and also while we’re here in D.C.,” Ruiz said.

Edited by caulfield12

Since Trump was elected president, Hill Republicans have often taken the brunt of the anger from progressives unhappy at the direction the country is headed. They’ve seen their town halls and offices overrun with protesters, and while the discourse is often civil, several Republican lawmakers have complained to POLITICO about security concerns. Some have even said they won’t hold town halls anymore for fear of their own safety. Others have received death threats.

POLITICO reported on a special conference more than two months ago in which GOP leadership asked former cop-turned-Rep. David Reichert (R-Wash.) to brief members on how to ensure their staff are safe. His tips included asking police to monitor town halls, a practice that most have taken up. He also advised them to install heavy solid doors instead of glass at district offices and ensure each office has a security system in place as well as a backroom exit in case of emergencies.

Two members, Reps. Ann Wagner (R-Mo.) and Al Green (D-Texas), stood up to talk about death threats they had received recently.

Several Democrats leaving the briefing said they have received an influx of threats against them and their staffs in recent months as well and would be supportive of additional security measures.

“The concern is not about our personal safety as much as it is about our staff and our families,” said Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y.), chairman of the House Democratic Caucus. “The lack of uniformity, especially in the districts…to even have metal detectors or a security team in place, those nuances make it more difficult to ensure the safety of our staff.”

Green said congressional leaders should consider increasing members’ annual expenditure allowance to provide extra money for security.

“An attack on one of us should be an attack on all of us,” Green said he told members during the briefing. The Texas Democrat has recently received lynching threats after calling for Trump to be impeached.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/14/h...shooting-239552

Two critical still, Scalise and the lobbyist..

As for the earlier comment, have to believe that those born after, say, the early 1980's...might feel that way. Numb. Anesthetized.

OKC/McVeigh, Columbine, Ruby Ridge, Waco...the school shooting tend really picked up in the mid to late 90's.

My generation, the worst things that happened were the Challenger disaster and Reagan getting shot. But way too late for 1960's assassinations/riots/Vietnam protests. Maybe the "safest" modern time to grow up, the 1980's and early 90's. (Obviously still more dangerous than Leave It To Beaver 1950's).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
More disgusting s***.

Seriously, I hope none of the three of you I've called out ever complain about the polarization in politics, or politicians making tragedies into opportunities. Congress people are just amplifications. You all need to look in the mirror.

Thank you for posting this.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 08:05 PM)
The 80s/Early 90s was the least safe modern time. Crime was WAY higher.

Not if you grew up in Iowa. More gangs and drugs now.

Maybe East St. Louis, Detroit and Cleveland were more troubled back then...Newark, etc.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 12:25 AM)
Why? All these incidents are heartbreaking and horrible for the USA.

Because nothing will happen. Ryan's speech felt hollow.

I hope Scalise lives and that this never happened, but my heart doesn't ache in this case.

I absolutely hate every single thing about this. I was in Arlington yesterday when it happened. Not far. I had lunch with a former Congressman hours after the shooting, and it was definitely weird for him. He'd played in that game for 23 years.

I don't pray, but I'm hoping Scalise comes through this alright. NO ONE deserves to be shot for their political beliefs, and any liberal who says he "had it coming" is not someone I want to associate with.

But I will say that I hate that a deranged, far-left radical can completely undermine every single bit of progress liberals have made against the Trump agenda in one swoop, and validate every Trump supporter in America.

I'm nervous about the impact it has here in Georgia. I just got to the 6th this afternoon for GOTV, and both campaigns have had to put out statements about receiving death threats in the last two hours. I'm nervous about knocking on doors all weekend. But we can't let fear dictate our lives, and we need to spread a message of compassion. We have to start listening to each other. The end.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 04:42 PM)
I absolutely hate every single thing about this. I was in Arlington yesterday when it happened. Not far. I had lunch with a former Congressman hours after the shooting, and it was definitely weird for him. He'd played in that game for 23 years.

I don't pray, but I'm hoping Scalise comes through this alright. NO ONE deserves to be shot for their political beliefs, and any liberal who says he "had it coming" is not someone I want to associate with.

But I will say that I hate that a deranged, far-left radical can completely undermine every single bit of progress liberals have made against the Trump agenda in one swoop, and validate every Trump supporter in America.

I'm nervous about the impact it has here in Georgia. I just got to the 6th this afternoon for GOTV, and both campaigns have had to put out statements about receiving death threats in the last two hours. I'm nervous about knocking on doors all weekend. But we can't let fear dictate our lives, and we need to spread a message of compassion. We have to start listening to each other. The end.

Well said, especially for you.

:lol:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/politics/con...pons/index.html

Meanwhile, GOP doubling down on gun control with their "good guy with a gun" scenario that usually works much better in the movies where lots of bystanders don't get killed.

I'd hate to imagine if Rand Paul's "it would have been a bloodbath" scenario came to pass...everyone in the US would have been allowed the right to carry a gun everywhere they went beginning next week after a law was quickly jammed through.