Sox Beat Blue Jays Again

greg775

Sox win, 5-2.

Who would have thought Davidson would have 15 home runs by mid June? Excellent.

Abreu having a fine season again. Excellent.

Frazier homers and is over .200 at .203. Nice.

Pelphrey and Robertson masterful as well as Kahnle.

Everyone has to be happy. Old school people get the suicide squeeze bunt. Trade people can dream about Frazier bringing something back. Robertson looking like he could really help a contender team as closer. The win now people are happy cause we win again and are right back in the race.

GO SOX!

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 08:07 PM)
We also shouldn't have won it, but pelf gonna pelf

What do u mean shouldn't have won it? Is this the start of the disintegration of the winners thread? Just wondering cause I get accused of derailing threads enuf.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 08:08 PM)
Kahnle showing he can handle high leverage situations is huge.

This was a high leverage win. Good point. Toronto has some mashers and it was also nice to see Robertson render some good hitters helpless in the ninth.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 03:08 PM)
What do u mean shouldn't have won it? Is this the start of the disintegration of the winners thread? Just wondering cause I get accused of derailing threads enuf.

Because we threw mike pelfrey against their ace, Greg. Calm down.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 09:52 PM)
On to first place. Fly the W flags. Sox Nation!!!

No matter how you mock it, the Sox have as good a record as Toronto. KC is barely better. These are teams predicted to win win win. Anything can happen in this day of parity especially in the lousy Central Division where only Detroit spends money. Ridiculous to tear it down when u have as many veterans as the Sox do.

But those veterans are all done after this year, like Frazier and Cabrera.

We kept Eaton, he's out now...Rodon isn't pitching yet, and Anderson has struggled. Q has scuffled.

Not to mention Hanson, Davidson, Avi, SANCHEZ, Kahnle, Leury Garcia, they might all be gone, at least most of them.

So who could we have added? Encarnacion? Well, then no Davidson, and we're still .500 at best because no Eaton, bad Q, bad Anderson, no Rodon.

There's no realistic scenario other than the one we executed.

And, and no LUIS Robert, either. No Moncada, Kopech, Giolito, etc.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 07:28 PM)
All about value. In 2017, he has been a flat out one of the best RPs in baseball. If someone wants to pay for that value, you move him for assets that will help for the future.

If no one wants to pay, keeping him around isn't going to hurt this team.

That's how I feel. But I have to imagine there will be a pretty strong market for him. Seems like the only thing that will stop any other team for giving us a huge return is the small sample size.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 04:43 PM)
It's been talked about a little here, but I'm curious what type of package the Sox could get from the Nats for Robertson AND Kahnle. All the sudden it pushes everyone back in their pen, takes care of the 8th and 9th for them and really changes the entire makeup of their pen.

Yeah, I mean if that is the ante to get Robles, I will be joining that poker game.

Otherwise, I'd be pushing Robertson/Swarzak.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 07:43 PM)
It's been talked about a little here, but I'm curious what type of package the Sox could get from the Nats for Robertson AND Kahnle. All the sudden it pushes everyone back in their pen, takes care of the 8th and 9th for them and really changes the entire makeup of their pen.

If the Nationals hadn't traded Lopez, Giolito and Dunning, I think this would be a different conversation. But I see no reason that Robertson and Kahnle shouldn't fetch Robles +. The Nationals have a legit shot at the World Series and should be filling any hole to ensure that they get there. To add a 1-2 punch like Kahnle-Robertson, that would be huge for the Nats.