6/21 at Twinkies: Holmberg verse Berrios

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TA was elite last year defensively is his 90 or whatever games. He's regressed big time. It's fine though, only way he's going to learn to deal with the speed of MLB is on job learning. I don't think AAA hitters hit the ball hard enough consistently to challenge him, hence hte poor fundamentals.

The ball he missed is a ball you have to get in front of and knock down if nothing else. Can't let it get by you with an ole.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 09:24 PM)
He had so much swagger last year. He seems completely opposite this season.

His personal issues that have happened this year may have something to do with it. I remember last year when Jose scuffled for most of the season, all of a sudden he remembered how to hit once his son came to visit.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 01:22 AM)
He may not be a long term shortstop. But from what I've seen from Renteria this year, he will give Tim a talking to in the dugout.

Don't kid yourself. Anderson is the Sox shortstop. We may complain about how he has lapses from time to time, but he is young and learning. Might have been rushed to the big leagues though

Edited by elrockinMT

This rebuild is going to be tough for a lot of people here to stomach between the lapses in defense with a rookie player and having young aggressive players bat leadoff or top of the order in an attempt to get them adjusted quicker by getting them more PAs, this going to drive some people to heart failure.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 09:34 PM)
This rebuild is going to be tough for a lot of people here to stomach between the lapses in defense with a rookie player and having young aggressive players bat leadoff or top of the order in an attempt to get them adjusted quicker by getting them more PAs, this going to drive some people to heart failure.

Yeah, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 05:39 PM)
He has no plate coverage on the outer half.

Looked a lot like an at bat Avi had last year where he struck out swinging on 3 straight offspeed pitches a foot off the plate when everyone in the park could tell it was coming

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 08:29 PM)
Don't kid yourself. Anderson is the Sox shortstop. We may complain about how he has lapses from time to time, but he is young and learning. Might have been rushed to the big leagues though

Very true he is the white sox shortstop...can't argue with that.

For the future... I'm not sold on that at all... maybe.

Guys that hit into the shift like that last Twin should be ashamed of themselves. If you were playing Little League, Babe Ruth, American Legion, college, and the other team had that kind of shift on you, you'd be coached to uh, move your body and beat the shift. Why does the baseball code allow hitters to not adjust and simply hit right into the shift?

It's very interesting to me. If there's a guy playing right over second base you just can't hit it there. You should be fined by the manager or the team owner.

This time it was a Twin making the dumb at bat, so that pleases me, but the shift is my pet peeve.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 09:31 PM)
shouldn't this be considered trolling? I could go into an angry diatribe at this but I'd be the one banned.

Don't need to keep arguing this every other day. We know your stance. Let people watch and rationalize losses how they want.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 09:31 PM)
shouldn't this be considered trolling? I could go into an angry diatribe at this but I'd be the one banned.

You are really struggling with this whole idea of rebuilding. Boy you must be a peach to be around, so oblivious.