Cheers To The Southside by Mark Buehrle

knightni

Mark Buehrle is easily my favorite player to ever put on a White Sox uniform, and I doubt that will ever change. It's very rare to get such a great player and great person. The most memorable moment from him for me in the 2005 postseason run was Game 2 of the ALCS. He pitched a fantastic 9 innings, and all indications pointed to him being fully prepared to head out for the 10th had the offense not been able to get the job done in the 9th.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:17 PM)
Mark Buehrle in a softball league is the least surprising thing ever.

Hat tip to #56.

Just a perfect White Sox player. Happy to say I was at his first start, a 12K game (that took like 15 minutes) vs. the Mariners, a classic duel he lost against Mark Mulder and countless others. Watched the first nono, and hung every moment of the perfecto. Soaked up the dropped third strike complete game He'll always be one of my all time favorite players, and my favorite pitcher. And the best sporting moment of my life, I was able to be in attendance at Mark's game 2 World Series start (where he was overshadowed somehow...). And of course I will be there tomorrow.

He was completely underappreciated by everyone, but Sox fans, who love him. Cheers to Mark Buehrle.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:28 PM)
I need to figure out where so I can watch him lol. I'm sure it is in the St. Louis area somewhere

It's somewhere in St. Charles. My buddy works with a guy who played on the team with Mark, but I have no idea how often he actually plays.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 11:41 AM)
In his press conference he said he signed a contract to play on Sunday's.

Contract? Lol, must be a hell of a softball league.

Buehrle is seriously the man though. I live in Minneapolis so couldn't make the festivities this weekend, but tried to watch all the videos I could, the main ones multiple times. So many great memories growing up watching the Sox, and MB was always right in the middle of it. We as Sox fans certainly took his dependability for granted in the moment, but it is truly unbelievable what he accomplished.

I'm not ashamed to say that a few tears were shed this weekend. Thanks for everything you did for the White Sox, Mark. One of the games finest.