7/22- CWS @ KCR, WGN, 6:15 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 02:28 AM)
Sweet good thing he played for one run. With Swarzak out tonight, you probably want more than a 3 run cushion

He should flat out be fired. Unless he's doing it to purposely lose.

Seriously, I know fans always called for managers to be fired, but this is insane. If u are trying to develop Moncada why would u ask him to bunt? I mean there is absolutely no reason for it.

If one says, 'Well he wants them to do it now so they do it when it matters.' Well, then why doesn't our minor league system ever call for him to bunt? I know he wasn't down there that long, but still, long enough to learn how to bunt.

p.s. Is this home run derby? LOL. Your Chicago White Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 07:25 PM)
The Royals announcers said Moncada has never executed a sac bunt in his pro baseball career, minors and majors. Is there any doubt Rick R should be fired today?

Now if he's not asked to ever do it in the minors to uh, learn how to do it, why bunt here? The team is pathetic. The game means nothing. Why ask Moncada to fricking bunt?

Fire Rick tonight. Oh wait, don't. Buddy Bell still has a chance to be our skipper the more we replace skippers.

No.

Why take the bat out of the kid's hands? Stupid, with a two run lead, no outs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 02:30 AM)
Giants won today :)

I don't want to argue with you, because you are a good person obviously, but your position saddens me. I thought you were a White Sox 'win at all costs' guy before. Sad.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 02:31 AM)
Even one one the few joys, Moncada at the plate they have him try to bunt.

Amen. I mean again, why bunt? This game means nothing. Now, he may be trying to lose, so that would be a different story obviously as 'wink wink' they want to win games. If Ricky is purposely trying to lose, fine. His bosses could forgive that.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 08:33 PM)
Well, at least Moncada hasn't struck out.

No errors.

Bunting is more understandable hitting RH against Alexander. The hits will come eventually if he keeps making solid contact.

It is not understandable.He has never done it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 08:32 PM)
He should flat out be fired. Unless he's doing it to purposely lose.

Seriously, I know fans always called for managers to be fired, but this is insane. If u are trying to develop Moncada why would u ask him to bunt? I mean there is absolutely no reason for it.

I agree with you 100% and I think many here are too. Even DA who has a sarcasm with posters who want every manager/coach fired, hated the bunt call with Moncada.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 02:32 AM)
Holmberg.. can't even get lefties out. Feel bad for him.

I feel badly for any one of our pitchers, who are putting their health on the line when they take the mound. Did you see how hard hit those homers were? A ball hit that hard can do some real damage. I'd recommend a majority of our pitchers wearing some sort of hockey helmet in the future.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 08:33 PM)
Bunting is more understandable hitting RH against Alexander. The hits will come eventually if he keeps making solid contact.

I must of missed Alexander being some stud reliever.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 02:35 AM)
I agree with you 100% and I think many here are too. Even DA who has a sarcasm with posters who want every manager/coach fired, hated the bunt call with Moncada.

Thanks, Ace. The lightning and rain has hit Lawrence. Will this game be completed?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)
I feel badly for any one of our pitchers, who are putting their health on the line when they take the mound. Did you see how hard hit those homers were? A ball hit that hard can do some real damage. I'd recommend a majority of our pitchers wearing some sort of hockey helmet in the future.

zsDdu7R.jpg

Renteria is trying to inculcate a team concept, right or wrong.

Similarly, there was a lengthy debate on the Score today saying not even Lopez should come up this year to be around a losing atmosphere...so two sides to every coin.

Personally, I believe Lopez, Giolito and Fulmer would all benefit from being around Cooper. I also believe they (the young starters) SHOULD have strong enough constitutions to weather the bullpen blowing most of the leads they do get.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 07:39 PM)
I'm leaving the game thread now to take cover.

Kidding ... I just feel my "hate the White Sox" mode is surging through my body so I better calm down lest I explode on here and get banned.

Can I have $1 for every time you've been concerned about being banned or suspended and nothing happened...? :D

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 01:39 AM)
Renteria is trying to inculcate a team concept, right or wrong.

Similarly, there was a lengthy debate on the Score today saying not even Lopez should come up this year to be around a losing atmosphere...so two sides to every coin.

Personally, I believe Lopez, Giolito and Fulmer would all benefit from being around Cooper. I also believe they (the young starters) SHOULD have strong enough constitutions to weather the bullpen blowing most of the leads they do get.

So sick of the team concept excuse. He pulled same crap with the Cubs. He needs to go coach girls high school softball