7/22- CWS @ KCR, WGN, 6:15 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 07:08 PM)
Nope, rather take a chance with him figuring it out than an A ball lottery prospect

That's ok, I would rather not have ex cub frequently injured garbage

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 07:37 PM)
Keep it up Melk!!!! Good Lord is he on a tear....

I think he has value to a team. He's (capable) of playing LF or RF, is a switch hitter, has good contact skills, and is a good clubhouse presence.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 06:35 PM)
Doing a great job of not chasing pitches since he's been up. Also, holy cow is Yolmer's average plummeting. Remember when some thought he would push Moncada off 2nd?

It seems like, for the most part, that he's still been making good contact, just unlucky that they've been going to defenders. However, some leveling off was to be expected, he wasn't going to hit .300 all year, but .270-.280 seems reasonable for him.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 07:56 PM)
5th inning once again giving Pelfrey problems.

I posted this earlier, he cant start anymore but could be a good mid inning guy.

Could Pelphrey be a decent middle reliever next year. Through the first 2 innings in all his starts he is 34 innings and 10 runs. And through the 3rd innings of starts he will have 51 innings 17 runs. After that he goes about 26 innings and 26 runs. He just doesnt have the strength anymore to be a starter.