7/22- CWS @ KCR, WGN, 6:15 PM CT

Jose Abreu

You want a team concept, have Moncada hit the ball to the right side. You could tell after the first pitch his bunting acumen is about as good as Paulies time from home to first.

Team concept is putting players in positions to succeed.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 01:44 AM)
You want a team concept, have Moncada hit the ball to the right side. You could tell after the first pitch his bunting acumen is about as good as Paulies time from home to first.

Team concept is putting players in positions to succeed.

Agreed completely

The bunting with Yoan was a bad decision. Your six hitter is up with two men on and you're going to have him bunt?

I understand implementing a system, a style but that was just a bad move. It helps Yoan in his development to get opportunities to swing with men on, not bunt.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 02:50 AM)
The bunting with Yoan was a bad decision. Your six hitter is up with two men on and you're going to have him bunt?

I understand implementing a system, a style but that was just a bad move. It helps Yoan in his development to get opportunities to swing with men on, not bunt.

But why is that the system? That's ridiculous in the AL in our park

Coop has to be so disgusted with his pitching. To be fair, the bullpen is probably absolutely taxed because our starters are awful. But, man. Usually we are known for our pitching. Not used to it.

Melky 4-4. I almost want him to stay on the team just to watch a player who is actually entertaining and can play.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 08:52 PM)
Coop has to be so disgusted with his pitching. To be fair, the bullpen is probably absolutely taxed because our starters are awful. But, man. Usually we are known for our pitching. Not used to it.

Melky 4-4. I almost want him to stay on the team just to watch a player who is actually entertaining and can play.

The bullpen is also loaded with Charlotte Knights, who weren't exactly a juggernaut in the IL.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 07:50 PM)

Yeah, Yolmer has been slumping...you don't want to put the RBI opportunity in the hands of catchers or Engel, either.

Oh well...that's probably why Renteria was cut loose, but Maddon tries to get cute all the time, too. The big difference is that he has the talent to overcome it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 08:51 PM)
Easily could have had a cycle

yeah if he wasn't hot dogging on the first hit it would be a double and his double could've been a triple if he hustled.

No doubt Maddon gets a lot of credit for being different. But he lost with s***ty players.

The thing is I am sure Renteria wants to win these games. There will be plenty he has no chance, so when he does, learning how to win is part of the process. That said, with the minor league bullpen the Sox now have, and Pelfrey not long for the game, you have to play for the big inning even if Moncada actually had a clue how to bunt.