7/22- CWS @ KCR, WGN, 6:15 PM CT

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 09:25 PM)
Has Moncada swung at a single pitch outside the strike zone in his three games? Crazy that he strikes out so much even though he never chases.

I don't know if he has,but his strike out rate would indicate he does swing at bad pitches on occasion.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 03:25 AM)
Has Moncada swung at a single pitch outside the strike zone in his three games? Crazy that he strikes out so much even though he never chases.

Thought maybe one pitch against Maeda that was barely low.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 09:25 PM)

From the few AAA games I watched, the umpires kinda sucked. He got a lot of bad calls

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 08:28 PM)
Brewers bullpen just blew a 7 run lead vs Phils

Sounds like the Cubs in their two bad games recently....one they managed to win, though.

Still no outs in Philly. Yet another reliever from Brewers throwing upper 90s, but not getting outs.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 09:26 PM)
From the few AAA games I watched, the umpires kinda sucked. He got a lot of bad calls

I would say the times I've watched him, 60% of the time he struck out looking.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 09:26 PM)
I don't know if he has,but his strike out rate would indicate he does swing at bad pitches on occasion.

Of course, but even when he had his 60% strikeout rate in his short stint last year his O-Swing% was well below the league average.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 09:33 PM)
Of course, but even when he had his 60% strikeout rate in his short stint last year his O-Swing% was well below the league average.

I just think it is wishful thinking blaming his minor league k rate on umpires. He is going to k a lot IMO. Doesn't mean he wont be a star.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 09:39 PM)
I just think it is wishful thinking blaming his minor league k rate on umpires. He is going to k a lot IMO. Doesn't mean he wont be a star.

I never mentioned anything about minor league umpires. But i think it's easier to lower your K-rate when you've already got a good eye and aren't chasing a lot of bad pitches, so I feel more confident that his strikeout rate won't be too extreme.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 03:00 AM)
you have to play for the big inning even if Moncada actually had a clue how to bunt.

That bunt on the first pitch was hilarious. Looked like he never tried one for sure.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 03:01 AM)
I legit feel bad for fellow Sox fans that want them to win this year

Thank u. That's me. I want wins badly and all I get are L's.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 05:20 AM)
I feel bad for our pitching staff. They can't get the job done and you can tell they want so badly to win

I love you as a fan but don't understand this post. How can u tell they want to win badly? That lefty just got torched on the homers and Pelfrey threw a good game but didn't exactly find a rhythm late. Working so slow he let the storms roll in.