7/26 Games

flavum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 02:46 AM)
I'm rooting for a five of Kopech, Lopez, Giolito, Dunning, Adams. Cease in the pen. Rodon traded for more assets.

agree on trading Rodon. He starts making real money next year. With Boras as his agent, he's not going to sign a deal like Sale or Q.

Cut the cord early.

Only risk is you'd be selling low and he could blossom elsewhere,

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 08:41 PM)
All of these fantastic pitching performances really gives you hope for the future rotation. If they can continue this success in the majors, a rotation of Kopech, Lopez, Dunning, a healthy and successful Rodon, should be very fun to watch.

Where the f*** on your list is Chris Volstad?

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 08:46 PM)
I'm rooting for a five of Kopech, Lopez, Giolito, Dunning, Adams. Cease in the pen. Rodon traded for more assets.

I'll take Kopech, Lopez, Giolito, Dunning, Hansen for the rotation with Cease, Fulmer and Burdi as the back three in the pen.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 08:47 PM)
Luis Basabe in July:

.279 / .347 / .456 / .801 and a 17% k rate

That is so encouraging.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 09:01 PM)
With all these starters a lot will have to go to the pen or be traded off for hitting. Of course that is if everything goes perfectly

Yep. And if anyone tried to nail down the starting five three years from now, chances are nobody would get it right. Baseball happens.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 09:01 PM)
Yeah, he's been improving. He'll need to start next season in Winston-Salem again, but he'll probably still be young for his league. Way to early to give up on him IMO.

Kid was raw, hard to remember what it's like to follow these raw guys. But all you can ask is they improve.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 09:05 PM)
Guerrero > Adams

No love for Guerrero on this board or he just gets lost in the long list of pitching prospects we have. Adams to me is on par with Stephen.

Guerrero was my break out prospect for this year and so far he has delivered. I also have him in future iterations of the rotation

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 08:47 PM)
Luis Basabe in July:

.279 / .347 / .456 / .801 and a 17% k rate

Said it months ago to fathom, the kid is a second half player. Kid adjusts to the level around that time. Did the same thing last year in the Boston system.

Courtney Hawkins has actually been decent since back in Birmingham. Since July started he is 17-74 for .256 and only struck out 17 times. 10 rbis and 2 HRs. In his last 12 games he has only struck out twice in a game 1 time. Raised average 56 points in July. Maybe something is clicking for him.

Prior to July he had struck out twice or more in Birmingham in 17 of 23 games. Only twice with 2 strikeouts in July. That is really an amazing turnaround.

Edited by ecupittfan

QUOTE (ecupittfan @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 08:16 PM)
Courtney Hawkins has actually been decent since back in Birmingham. Since July started he is 17-74 for .256 and only struck out 17 times. 10 rbis and 2 HRs. In his last 12 games he has only struck out twice in a game 1 time. Raised average 56 points in July. Maybe something is clicking for him.

Prior to July he had struck out twice or more in Birmingham in 17 of 23 games. Only twice with 2 strikeouts in July. That is really an amazing turnaround.

I noticed this the other day. He's only 23 too, so it's not like he's moved into non-prospect age. I'm not going to put much stock in this, but start him at AA next year and move him to AAA if he does well. If he hits there, maybe, very tentative maybe, he gets a cup of coffee in September.

Yeah, I can't even believe I just wrote that.