Winners Thread: Comeback Victory over Jays

greg775

Good victory over the Blue Jays; looks like the fans were having fun during the comeback and watching the walk-off ninth.

Shields sucks again, but ... Matt blasts No. 22 and raps a game-winning single up the middle. Abreu comes through. Moncada avoids serious injury according to the X-rays.

Fun times at Guaranteed Rate Field tonight for the fans who watched some summer Monday night baseball. Sox fever; catch it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 08:33 PM)
Good victory over the Blue Jays; looks like the fans were having fun during the comeback and watching the walk-off ninth.

Shields sucks again, but ... Matt blasts No. 22 and raps a game-winning single up the middle. Abreu comes through. Moncada avoids serious injury according to the X-rays.

Fun times at Guaranteed Rate Field tonight for the fans who watched some summer Monday night baseball. Sox fever; catch it.

Beautiful win.You could see there could be a chance at a win after that Abreo volley to Hanson to end the Jays 9th. Weird how things work out. Do the Sox come back if Sanchez and Hanson don't replace Moncada and Garcia ? Probably not.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:47 PM)
I know wins aren't ideal, but I love that this group of kids isn't mailing it in. The habits you learn now can be the habits you carry forward.

Except none of these guys are gonna be a part of our plans. No need for all these meaningless walkoffs.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 05:20 AM)
Except none of these guys are gonna be a part of our plans. No need for all these meaningless walkoffs.

I better not say anything cept LOL. Well cept, what compelled you to enter a winners thread and say something like that? Might as well lock the innocent winners thread after that one. Please lock.

Edited by greg775

Another thing I liked about this win is there were no bunts in the come back and a few steal attempts. I've lately been advocating more stealing over bunting because the lack of steals really has been appalling.

Steals are exciting and bunting is boring and when you have speed in a rebuild you need to let those guys put some pressure on the pitcher, make him throw more fastballs to our youngsters since sliders, change ups and curves are death to developing hitters.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 11:41 PM)
I better not say anything cept LOL. Well cept, what compelled you to enter a winners thread and say something like that? Might as well lock the innocent winners thread after that one. Please lock.

I wasn't a fan of this rebuild but was convinced and prepared myself for losses and the number 1 pick. I can't go back now.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 07:02 AM)
I wasn't a fan of this rebuild but was convinced and prepared myself for losses and the number 1 pick. I can't go back now.

Yes but you don't have to spoil my thread with a comment like that. Can't you stay out of a winner's thread assuming those who post in it like winning?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 01:06 AM)
Yes but you don't have to spoil my thread with a comment like that. Can't you stay out of a winner's thread assuming those who post in it like winning?

Well most of the board wants to lose. So technically your winners thread is spoiling the board... :lol: And I speak in jest anyway. I've noticed this season has taken a lot of fun banter from this board. Everyone is so serious these days.