2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 05:16 PM)
The bust label will definitely be on display now.

Yeah, and it is unfortunate. White was on the score a bunch leading up to 2015 draft, seemed like a good dude and was genuinely excited to be a Bear. It is a shame that his body couldn't withstand NFL football. I really don't like using "bust" for someone who didn't turn into a good player due to career altering injuries. That is not a scouting failure, it is just a fact of football and poor luck. Injuries suck, and football chews a player up and spits them out.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 05:22 PM)
Yeah, and it is unfortunate. White was on the score a bunch leading up to 2015 draft, seemed like a good dude and was genuinely excited to be a Bear. It is a shame that his body couldn't withstand NFL football. I really don't like using "bust" for someone who didn't turn into a good player due to career altering injuries. That is not a scouting failure, it is just a fact of football and poor luck. Injuries suck, and football chews a player up and spits them out.

While I agree with your thoughts about injuries, the kid was injured when Pace drafted him. I think Pace gets some blame for that pick. It's not the same injury each time, but he took a chance and lost there.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 06:18 PM)
While I agree with your thoughts about injuries, the kid was injured when Pace drafted him. I think Pace gets some blame for that pick. It's not the same injury each time, but he took a chance and lost there.

Nobody knew he was injured until OTAs, White thought he just had soreness from all of the work at the combine

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 06:34 PM)
Nobody knew he was injured until OTAs, White thought he just had soreness from all of the work at the combine

Maybe you right, I just remember a few questions right when the pick was made . And he has never shown anything on the field. Floyd has had his concussion problems, but he has shown he's a legit pass rusher.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 07:27 PM)
Maybe you right, I just remember a few questions right when the pick was made . And he has never shown anything on the field. Floyd has had his concussion problems, but he has shown he's a legit pass rusher.

He hasn't shown anything, that's for sure. It's a shame because he was explosive in college