Sox v Sox

TheTruth05

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2017 -> 02:47 AM)
Do the Sox really want Renteria in charge of this team? Fundamentals are horrible and he is the manager. Just get rid of him. If he wants to live and die with the bunt, then let him expire in the baseball sense of the word.

Just think of Renteria as the kindergarten teacher preparing the kids for elementary school. He's here to develop the young players, end of story. When it's time to compete, who knows if the Sox pull a Cubs and bring in the higher profile manager.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2017 -> 03:51 AM)
Just think of Renteria as the kindergarten teacher preparing the kids for elementary school. He's here to develop the young players, end of story. When it's time to compete, who knows if the Sox pull a Cubs and bring in the higher profile manager.

Yeah I guess. The bunt thing infuriates me.

As far as this game, WTF is Hawk's saying how well we played? I mean yeah Rodon was special but in the extra inning we got a guy picked off second with one out and screwed up a bunt that inning too. Shouldn't the ineptitude of that last inning erase the being happy about it being a great game? Doesn't really matter as Bummer got brutalized and that was that. Better team won of course.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2017 -> 09:51 PM)

Why would they do that now and not the last few times they hired a manager

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 4, 2017 -> 09:28 PM)
Regardless of what happens in this game, I still wish we would have traded Clippard for a couple more top 100 prospects

I was thinking straight up for Meadows in Pittsburgh myself

Lousy slide by Moncada at third base. Belly slide, and he short armed it. Out. Feet first, he makes it.

And when Nicky was picked off second, it looked to me as if the infielder was blocking the base before he had the ball.

Oh, well.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 4, 2017 -> 10:08 PM)
Lousy slide by Moncada at third base. Belly slide, and he short armed it. Out. Feet first, he makes it.

And when Nicky was picked off second, it looked to me as if the infielder was blocking the base before he had the ball.

Oh, well.

Yeah, luckily none of that matters.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 5, 2017 -> 12:26 AM)
That would have been a better move than keeping him

I'm sure they didn't plan on keeping him, and they have all of August to trade him still