The Sexual Assault problem

Brian

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 12:08 AM)
I read Moore's argument against the year book, and I actually think there is merit.

Thats not to say this guy hasnt done bad things, I just think its possible that the year book is a forgery.

Could you link it? If that were the case it would pretty much blow this whole thing wide open and also discredit every other accuser. Seems risky.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 08:25 AM)
Could you link it? If that were the case it would pretty much blow this whole thing wide open and also discredit every other accuser. Seems risky.

They are claiming someone found his assistant's signature for Moore on another document and copied it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 09:36 AM)
I'm very upset by Franken. I believed in his intellect and his claim to carrying on Wellstone's work. What a betrayal.

Agree with this. Disappointing as hell.

The pic I saw is disturbing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 10:42 AM)
Well there goes my idea of Al Franken for President. The photo doesn't appear like he is touching her but the thought is obviously wrong, and what he did earlier that evening was wrong.

All these assholes need to be exposed.

Same on Franken 2020

QUOTE (Quin @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 09:30 AM)
Franken accused of sexually harassing a morning radio anchor. The photo out there is pretty awful.

Its a weird story, she was upset about the kiss during a comedy routine that she agreed to, and then a picture where his hands are hovering over her chest while she is sleeping. Its very werid.

But I agree with Hannity's next segment, any politician accused of sexual misconduct should be removed from office. Including the president.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 09:48 AM)
If this is going to be something more than just a blip, like after Anita Hill, they need to truly get pushed out and not just apologize. He should resign.

I agree, the problem is, there are so many, and the potential to make it even more political will be immense. Either party can attack senators and congressmen and officials even higher up with lines of people making false claims. It will be the new move. Gloria Allred will be a billionaire. At least most of the claims coming out now, can be corroborated. Probably 95% of politicians will be accused.

But it has to stop. I have posted a couple of times, the casting couch has long been known, and long been laughed about. How many times have you heard or read who did she have to blow to get that job?

People with power cross the line all the time. Hopefully all these stories do something to make it stop. But I'm afraid it will be a blip.

Edited by Dick Allen

@FOX9

Statement from @SenFranken: “I certainly don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it.”

The old "I don't remember it the same way". Probably because someone wasn't forcing their tongue down your throat. Pretty clear is going to try and get away with it.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
The old "I don't remember it the same way". Probably because someone wasn't forcing their tongue down your throat. Pretty clear is going to try and get away with it.

Unless some other people come out against him, he likely will get away with it.

His defense might as well be "At least I didnt whip it out."

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 10:07 AM)
Unless some other people come out against him, he likely will get away with it.

His defense might as well be "At least I didnt whip it out."

You'd assume since it was a large USO tour with many people that someone will be able to speak up on the accuracy of either of their stories.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 10:08 AM)
You'd assume since it was a large USO tour with many people that someone will be able to speak up on the accuracy of either of their stories.

Well ultimately that is why Franken will get away with it. Franken will argue it was a comedic sketch and that they mutually agreed and it was all for laughs. The photo is stupid and definitely bad. I doubt that anyone in that helicopter was raising serious objections to a sexual prank like that. Its absolutely wrong and definitely could be sexual assault.

But without other people coming forward, its hard to imagine that this will end his career.

If he is smart he just keeps his head down, doesnt say s*** and lets the news cycle pass.

@NateSilver538

23m23 minutes ago

More

If Al Franken were to resign—and Tweeden's accusations seem highly credible— Minnesota Gov. Dayton (D) would appoint an interim replacement.

Then there'd be a special election as part of next's November midterms to fill out the remainder of Franken's term, which ends in 2020.

So it wouldn't surprise me to see Schumer look to push Franken out, since Democrats will probably hold the seat anyway through 2020.

Democrats have a pretty deep bench in Minnesota and would be favored to win that 2018 special election.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 10:15 AM)
Well ultimately that is why Franken will get away with it. Franken will argue it was a comedic sketch and that they mutually agreed and it was all for laughs. The photo is stupid and definitely bad. I doubt that anyone in that helicopter was raising serious objections to a sexual prank like that. Its absolutely wrong and definitely could be sexual assault.

But without other people coming forward, its hard to imagine that this will end his career.

If he is smart he just keeps his head down, doesnt say s*** and lets the news cycle pass.

If its true it would be good for the dems to oust him as soon as possible. I think the story is going to take a little longer to debate though. You can watch Leann grind up on Robin Williams and other comedians during that tour, and its going to be used against her.

All politicians who are accused of this type of conduct should resign if its legit, period.