The Sexual Assault problem

Brian

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 02:09 PM)
Eh, once you accept most HR depts view their goal as protecting the company and not the employee it is never shocking some of the routes they take. The decision wasn't "how do we protect our women employees based off of this complaint?" it was "how do we decrease our liability while keeping our accused star talent?"

Makes me sick. HR departments in this role bother me greatly.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 07:40 PM)
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fifth-woman-accu...-131848124.html

Now up to six for Franken. He gone. (Has to be.)

And Conyers looks either crazy or just plain ornery trying to hold onto power at age 88...

Those pix of Franken sicken me. He puts his face right on the woman's face as they actually are cheek to cheek in a few photos I've seen. Geez Franken. He really had a problem taking photos with women, draping his arms on their boobs, allegedly, etc. He probably needs to resign. You can't go putting your hands on people like that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 07:09 PM)
Those pix of Franken sicken me. He puts his face right on the woman's face as they actually are cheek to cheek in a few photos I've seen. Geez Franken. He really had a problem taking photos with women, draping his arms on their boobs, allegedly, etc. He probably needs to resign. You can't go putting your hands on people like that.

HagelinRush16WB.png

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 08:09 PM)
Makes me sick. HR departments in this role bother me greatly.

You've never been a public figure who's had to take hundreds if not thousands of photos with people, have you? I'm not defending what he did, but I've put my arms around all sorts of people for photos - men, women, kids, etc. Sometimes you do funny photos where you're carrying someone or they're carrying you, sometimes there are kissy faces, etc. Basically - whatever the person wants to do in the photo, you do, obviously to a point. It's all in the name of fun at the time. It is not strange to have your arms around someone's waist, back, etc, for photo ops like this.

Obviously with Franken there are other factors that prove this is a pattern, and not an accident, but the simple act of having arms around a person or being very close in a photo on its own is nowhere near damning.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 02:06 PM)
Lawmaker behind secret $84K sexual harassment settlement unmasked

Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas) used taxpayer funds to end a dispute with his communications director in 2014.

In 2014, BuzzFeed also reported that Farenthold had owned the domain name “Blow-Me.Org” for more than a decade.

Well then.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
HagelinRush16WB.png

Is that Rush? Uh oh. He shouldn't be doing that. I don't worship Rush, folks. Unlike some of you I listen to as many different viewpoints as I can in the short attention span I have regarding talk radio. I am a dial switcher; don't like commercials. Love Beatles channel. Love some other music channels and the 2 comedy channels.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 06:52 PM)
What else are we supposed to do? Just listen to the Beatles? A little Rush throughout the day is ok.

Occasionally a post reveals that some people read what I'm saying. Nice. I normally think I'm ignored.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 2, 2017 -> 12:30 AM)
Occasionally a post reveals that some people read what I'm saying. Nice. I normally think I'm ignored.

He's laughing at you for supporting a standard, multiply divorced, sexual harassed and being ok with that. You're a laughingstock.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
Is that Rush? Uh oh. He shouldn't be doing that. I don't worship Rush, folks. Unlike some of you I listen to as many different viewpoints as I can in the short attention span I have regarding talk radio. I am a dial switcher; don't like commercials. Love Beatles channel. Love some other music channels and the 2 comedy channels.

His defense is going to be his partial blindness/medical conditions.

Just watch.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 10:29 PM)

So, you listen to Rush and come here and post what you heard him say. "Don't shoot the messenger." But, you never post anything from other sources. I guess you wouldn't get much from the Beatles or other music channels. I suppose there might be an occasional deep political thought on one of the two comedy channels, but I haven't seen you come here and act as Jon Stewart or Lewis Black's "messenger."

And, yes, that is Rush.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 2, 2017 -> 01:39 AM)
His defense is going to be his partial blindness/medical conditions.

Just watch.

I'm not sure if he also has a blindness problem, but I do recall that he was losing his hearing due to his addiction to painkillers. That was back when one his big show topics was drug addicts.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2017 -> 06:27 AM)
He's laughing at you for supporting a standard, multiply divorced, sexual harassed and being ok with that. You're a laughingstock.

You guys act like I'm president of the Rush fan club rather than catch him on the radio while driving my 4-door car to and from lunch sometimes. Man you guys are a tough crowd.

Also that's a pretty mean take from a moderator. You say someone is laughing at me and you call me a name, a laughingstock for having different opinions than yours. How do you get I'm "supporting" Rush anyway. I listened to Jim Rome's TV show for 10 minutes today for the first time in a while and if I say he predicts an all LA super bowl I guess I'm now a Rome fan.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Dec 2, 2017 -> 01:29 PM)
So, you listen to Rush and come here and post what you heard him say. "Don't shoot the messenger." But, you never post anything from other sources. I guess you wouldn't get much from the Beatles or other music channels. I suppose there might be an occasional deep political thought on one of the two comedy channels, but I haven't seen you come here and act as Jon Stewart or Lewis Black's "messenger."

And, yes, that is Rush.

Other sources? I'm not a fierce political take guy. For instance I think the new tax plan will lead us to another Great Depression. Yet you guys think I'm all Republican all the time when I haven't voted for a Republican candidate in forever.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 11:24 AM)
The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP 6m6 minutes ago BREAKING: White House official: Trump will not campaign for embattled Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore before Dec. 12 election.

This would be fun if it didn't involve the rape of 14 year olds.

@realDonaldTrump

Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama. We need his vote on stopping crime, illegal immigration, Border Wall, Military, Pro Life, V.A., Judges 2nd Amendment and more. No to Jones, a Pelosi/Schumer Puppet!

5:17 AM - Dec 4, 2017