Rays @ White Sox 4/11/18 1:10 PM

Jose Abreu

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:49 PM)
It's funny that the offense has legit the complete opposite trend. This has been one of the worst homestand's I've ever seen.

If you take the weather, the opponents, and the results, it has to be one of the worst homestands they have ever had.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 08:53 PM)
If you take the weather, the opponents, and the results, it has to be one of the worst homestands they have ever had.

It's been a course in how to kill any casual fan interest with a week of games. Things were so going well and then Soria blew it. Team seems to be pressing ever since

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:51 PM)
I expected them to lose a lot of games, but it’s possible to lose and still be entertaining, if that makes any sense. This has been hard to watch.

I thought they'd win high 70s this season, but that it all depended on the youngins. There was a huge variance where I thought they could win anywhere from 62-85 games, but it is looking much closer to that 62 number than 82.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:59 PM)
Yoan continues to just swing and miss at nearly every offspeed pitch he sees. 20k in 51 at bats

Thought he would be much better, he is not facing great starters yet either.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 03:59 PM)
Yoan continues to just swing and miss at nearly every offspeed pitch he sees. 20k in 51 at bats

Yeah, there's no mystery right now, in how to approach half of this lineup, when on the mound.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:56 PM)
What value does Adam Engel bring to a MLB caliber team?

I wouldn't write him off yet, but it isn't looking good. That's what seasons like this are all about, giving guys chances with things they wouldn't have received chances if winning was required. I was watching something yesterday where they were noting a difference between Rizzo and Schwarber as hitters. They said Rizzo, because the Cubs weren't winning when he first came up, had a chance to figure out how to hit LHP. Schwarber sucks vs. lefties, and the Cubs don't really have the luxury anymore to let him flail away to see if he could figure something out.

The Sox have all these opportunities now. Once they are supposed to win, it's put up or shut up time.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:56 PM)
What value does Adam Engel bring to a MLB caliber team?

Very little. Charlie Tilson will most likely be the starter in CF come Memorial Day. Of course that is all dependent on Mr. Tilson not pulling his hamstring doing yoga or breaking his foot while stepping off the team bus.