5/3/18 Game Thread - Twins @ Sox 7:10 PM

hogan873

5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Matt Davidson is pretty alright.

He has great balance at the plate. It's all about making contact with pitches above the belt. There were times last year it looked like he had a hole in his bat.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He has great balance at the plate. It's all about making contact with pitches above the belt. There were times last year it looked like he had a hole in his bat.

His numbers would be even better if the umps didn't have it out for him this season.

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Not one strikeout for Lopez? How is that even possible?

He has nothing on his pitches. I'm sure he had less than 5 swings and misses.  This is the type of start that makes people think he will end up being a closer (assuming he's healthy tonight)

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

As I posted in another thread -- there are real improvements in his discipline profile, which is even more impressive given how often umps have screwed him 3-2 this year.  His oZone swing % is down over 10% and he's making more contact (fouling off more tough pitches, which reflects his improved balance and swing) when he does swing, both inside the zone and outside.

He is absolutely crushing 2 seam fastballs this year as well.  He's almost 5 linear weighted runs above replacement on them.  I've done a 180 on him.  He's still a DH at the end of the day but now he looks like he might actuall by a 2-3 WAR DH.

Oh and that play he made on the popup over by the stands the other day in St Louis was very impressive.  He wouldn't have gotten that ball last year.    He has worked hard I give him credit, including putting in the time to cut his body fat.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Name the following two players:

A) 14.3% BB rate, 30.4% K rate, .340 ISO, Hard Hit % 53.4%, Barrels/PA 11.0

B) 17.7% BB rate, 29.1% K rate, .246 ISO, Hard Hit % 53.3%, Barrels/PA 9.6

A) Davidson, B) Harper?

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Guy with no speed who got hit in the foot with a guy up with huge power....bad steal call

The only guys on the team that should really be stealing are Moncada and Anderson.  No idea what the thought process on that steal was.