Super Fun White Sox Happy Time Game Thread III vs Orioles

Heads22

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

You're right, Manny or Harper would surely want to sign with the WSox over the Cubs if price is equal. Hell, people on here talked about Castillo being enough to get Manny to want to sign here when both Manny and Bryce literally have their childhood close friend on the Cubs.

Who cares? Machado and Harper are both going to sign the biggest money deal they can, and I doubt they care who they play for because they likely believe in their abilities enough to know that any team that gets them will dramatically improve by that alone. They'll go to the highest bidder, so the Sox have to be the highest bidder for Machado if they want him.

2 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Who cares? Machado and Harper are both going to sign the biggest money deal they can, and I doubt they care who they play for because they likely believe in their abilities enough to know that any team that gets them will dramatically improve by that alone. They'll go to the highest bidder, so the Sox have to be the highest bidder for Machado if they want him.

By 10-15%

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

He pulled Castillo for not running, had nothing to do with any matchup.

Am I the only one that thinks this is stupid and that he's going to get (or may have already gotten (Avi)) someone injured doing this?

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I did not know that, although I doubt it’s a huge factor.  The money has to be their first & foremost, everything else is secondary.

Get ready to hear the sound clip on Chicago radio tomorrow about how him and Almora dreamed of winning a WS together

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

By 10-15%

Disagree. Players like these don't become available often for a reason. They're franchise changers. Harper and Machado both know this, so they're likely to both go where the most money is, period.

Edited by Dam8610

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

Am I the only one that thinks this is stupid and that he's going to get (or may have already gotten (Avi)) someone injured doing this?

Normally I would agree but this was the most blatant you will ever see

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

They showed Hicks hit 105. He said don't let Kopech see that, and I missed the rest but believe he was saying Kopech would try to top that 

Kopech was quoted in the off season that he wanted that record. It was during one of those videos showing his workouts. 

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

Yeah, I don't think running the ball out is stupid. 

And I think a few things if you can't run to first without getting injured. 

- You were probably about to get hurt anyway

- You shouldn't be in baseball, unless you're a DH in his late 30's and a borderline future HOF'er (AKA Ortiz)

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

You spent all offseason telling us his childhood dream was playing for the Yankees, which one is it 😜

It was, but now since he said it before today's game, it will get a lot of press.