Our Sox vs their Sawx game #2

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If he starts performing, it is a decent option to have. Really like Carlos as a pitcher, but he's not going to be here when the Sox are contending, so if someone blows you away you take it and say adios. He is the Sox last major trade chip. If he establishes himself as a top pitcher by July 2019 would not be surprised to see him traded next year. If you're Hahn, and he pitches well to end the season, do you go to him and offer him 6/80? that is pretty much the only way he'll stick around. If he turns that down, then you put him on the block. He will have as much control as Sale did when he was moved with a worse track record. 

So you might as well put him on the block then because I doubt a Boras client makes that deal. The only way is if he realizes his injury history.

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

So you might as well put him on the block then because I doubt a Boras client makes that deal. The only way is if he realizes his injury history.

I don't think he will either, but maybe the shoulder surgery would scare him into taking the $. You gotta try though. The fact that he still has everything stuff wise makes me think not. We all know you only hire Boras if you want to get paid. If you're Hahn, you try to buy out a few FA years and if he turns it down, put him on the block. He's free after 2021. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's hard for me to get excited about Rodon because he's probably not going to be here when they're winning. Has 3.5 seasons of control at this moment. 

If we aren’t contending then, the whole organization needs to be gutted...

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic