GT: Indians @ White Sox - 7:10/8:10ET

Eminor3rd

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

Literally the exact thing you described happened. He went out fore the next inning, started at 80 pitches, gave up a single on pitch 83 and was pulled. Right call?

How did he look?  Did he look as gassed as today?  And what hitter was coming up?

Just now, Insp said:

The team looks good every time Covey pitches.  Too bad we can't clone him.

I mean apparently we can, we have Don Cooper and the Sox' scouting and development of pitchers?

Like if they found Covey right after finding Q?  That would be absurd.  Not saying he'll produce 20+ fWAR over the next 5 years but man, this looks real, does it not?

Gonna enjoy the ride that's for sure with Covey.  He looks like a new guy.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean apparently we can, we have Don Cooper and the Sox' scouting and development of pitchers?

Like if they found Covey right after finding Q?  That would be absurd.  Not saying he'll produce 20+ fWAR over the next 5 years but man, this looks real, does it not?

Gonna enjoy the ride that's for sure with Covey.  He looks like a new guy.

I am cautiously optimistic.  He upped his FB to 94-95 with some really good movement. Development of him and Rodon the rest of this year is really important. 

Just now, BFirebird said:

I am cautiously optimistic.  He upped his FB to 94-95 with some really good movement. Development of him and Rodon the rest of this year is really important. 

If Rodon and Covey both stick as TOR starters, then there's Lopez, Kopech, Hansen, and Cease in the org with 1 potential, and guys like Dunning, Stephens, Adams, Flores, Henzman, and probably some I'm missing or who aren't showing particularly well right now (Clarkin, Guerrero, Lambert) with mid rotation potential, there's no way they're not going to find a starting rotation there.

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic