GT: Indians @ White Sox - 7:10/8:10ET

Eminor3rd

Just now, Wanne said:

sorry...I didn't get that convo.  I keep saying that with Moncada too...it is frustrating.  Sorry dude....I misread...my bad.

Even Hawk, who I dislike, consistently says that most players sit on fastballs because offspeed pitches are so tough to hit, especially now. Therefore why a lot of these guys, especially Sox, take a 92-96 mph fastball right down the middle is mind boggling

Just now, greg775 said:

Should they take him out? Only 83 pitches. That ball was smoked but he prolly should stay in til 105 pitches.

If he gives up more hits and keeps leaving the ball up I would take him out. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Should have never started this inning. Real bad decision by Renteria 

I agree with this. Usually at 83 I would say leave him in but two things working against him.

1. He was starting to look tired 

2. Top of the lineup seeing him again. 

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Even Hawk, who I dislike, consistently says that most players sit on fastballs because offspeed pitches are so tough to hit, especially now. Therefore why a lot of these guys, especially Sox, take a 92-96 mph fastball right down the middle is mind boggling

most frustrating thing I've watched this year for sure!!!   and it's "mind bottling"....you know, what happens when your thoughts get all trapped up like in a bottle.

1 minute ago, BFirebird said:

I agree with this. Usually at 83 I would say leave him in but two things working against him.

1. He was starting to look tired 

2. Top of the lineup seeing him again. 

Yep sometimes you have to trust the eyes and not the pitch count.  At the very least, pull him after leadoff hit when velocity was down and he left an offspeed pitch way up in the zone.

Edited by fathom

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic