7-6 GT - Sox @ Astros - Lopez vs. McCullers

2 minutes ago, Insp said:

A fake rally at the end to make everyone feel better.

11-4 is no rally. But I understand what you are saying. Anytime Palka hits a bomb its a good day. He is a beast.

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I firmly believe they can repeat. 

I haven't watched this series live but have watched a couple of Astros games and they are the best team I've seen.

I don't know who saw this, but the only reason the White Sox got a hit in this game was due to the crowd doing the wave.

McCullers gave up 0 hits until the crowd started doing that. The second that the crowd got a full one going, the whole stadium was distracted, there were things moving in the corner of the Pitcher's eye, and suddenly he gave up 3 straight hits. The crowd stopped doing it during a meeting on the mound, then he immediately got a first pitch GIDP from Abreu once it was over.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't know who saw this, but the only reason the White Sox got a hit in this game was due to the crowd doing the wave.

McCullers gave up 0 hits until the crowd started doing that. The second that the crowd got a full one going, the whole stadium was distracted, there were things moving in the corner of the Pitcher's eye, and suddenly he gave up 3 straight hits. The crowd stopped doing it during a meeting on the mound, then he immediately got a first pitch GIDP from Abreu once it was over.

They do the wave at White Sox home games almost every time I go. Maybe that’s why they suck.

Boy we stink. Playing the Astros is not good for baseball. Such a mismatch. When the Sox are going bad (most of the time) I truly think they would lose to most AAA teams. All facets of our game is that bad on  most nights. Then once in a long while we play a great baseball game. 

• Tony unpinned this topic