7/20 games

BamaDoc

44 minutes ago, fathom said:

Quick math but I'm pretty sure Collins is batting .185 without Eloy in Birmingham and  .284 with him there. Probably coincidental but wonder if having someone on base in front of him more often prevented fewer shifts and got him more fastballs.

That or he just had a hot streak 

1 hour ago, Baker said:

No doubt about his bat but he’s mentioned as a fringy left fielder. Getz was out criticizing his routes the other day and he looks pretty slow. Is he quick enough to play at 1st base?  

I wonder with all the injuries he has had if he is simply not in great shape to run in the outfield?  Or maybe adjusting to the different angle from RF to LF.  Hard to imagine a guy who was thought at one point to be a RF now is not good in left.  May show why he is not up or at least provides a reason,"There are things he needs to improve on" speech.

1 minute ago, BamaDoc said:

I wonder with all the injuries he has had if he is simply not in great shape to run in the outfield?  Or maybe adjusting to the different angle from RF to LF.  Hard to imagine a guy who was thought at one point to be a RF now is not good in left.  May show why he is not up or at least provides a reason,"There are things he needs to improve on" speech.

I think he's also gotten bigger as he gets older, which has slowed him down a tad

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think he's also gotten bigger as he gets older, which has slowed him down a tad

Thats in part what I was referring to.  Getting bigger with age while being injured may mean a little extra weight also.  Just guessing.  Let him spend the offseason training with Robert LOL!  I think he has the work ethic to be fine in left once he gets used to it.

1 hour ago, Baker said:

No doubt about his bat but he’s mentioned as a fringy left fielder. Getz was out criticizing his routes the other day and he looks pretty slow. Is he quick enough to play at 1st base?  

What player are yall talking about here?

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yea definitely not the same slimmer guy I saw in the futures game (he loves his taco bell) but that's ok. Still is solid enough defensively.