Escape from LA game thread

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

You mean the possible closer now?  The bullpen is about to get incredibly ugly.

Nah, he won’t for long if he gets a chance.  Plus the players in the minors are better than the volstads and minayas in the majors.  I think turning it over and trading some of these guys is good.   

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

So tired of Yolmer batting 2nd 

yep, he's a utility player who's being forced to play every day and doesn't get on base enough to get so many at bats early in the count.  Obviously he's a great person, but I can't wait to have a legit 3rd baseman.

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah, he won’t for long if he gets a chance.  Plus the players in the minors are better than the volstads and minayas in the majors.  I think turning it over and trading some of these guys is good.   

I hope they tear the band-aid off and let Hamilton close, but I can't see conservative Ricky doing that.  Who knows, maybe Bruce Levine will get named manager and Kopech will close.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

yep, he's a utility player who's being forced to play every day and doesn't get on base enough to get so many at bats early in the count.  Obviously he's a great person, but I can't wait to have a legit 3rd baseman.

Exactly. He's a fine player but he's being asked to do way more than what he's capable of. He should be playing no more than 4 times per week and never hitting any better than 7th in the order.