White Sox at Tampa 8.4 game thread

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

nice, glad there is no real backup ss on the roster.  what a shit sandwich this summer has been.

Put Sanchez there for a couple days and rest the guy. His numbers are plummeting, he's got a .570 OPS the last 28 days. If his knees are part of the reason then REST HIS KNEES for a few days. 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Put Sanchez there for a couple days and rest the guy. His numbers are plummeting, he's got a .570 OPS the last 28 days. If his knees are part of the reason then REST HIS KNEES for a few days. 

I can't even look at the box scores on days I don't watch anymore.  it's so bad.  only guys I care about are lopez, moncada, TA, GIO and Yolmer.  For the most part, that has been a pile of shit.

I'm doubting if TA was smart to try and become a completely different hitter.  He's going to finish with a lower OBP than his rookie year despite increasing his walk rate massively.  There was really not much wrong with 290/310/440 or whatever.  If he's going to be a 230-250 hitter meh.  

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Remember when Balta said Jose wasn’t in a slump and was basically donezo?  Glad they’ve stopped throwing him fastballs, oh wait...

That is not what I said, I said he would still snap out of it and wasn't a .500 OPS player, but he's also not a .850 OPS player any more either, he's getting gradually worse against fastballs every season. And the one this game is the first time I've seen him turn around a fastball this entire hot streak.

• Thanks 1

This is the kind of comment I was waiting to hear with Rodon since 2015. This is what I wanted to hear about him more than anything else other than "his changeup is now the best in the big leagues".

He's been getting by on dominant stuff for his entire career so far. Now he might be learning how to pitch. That's what we needed to make him deadly.