Jose Ruiz to come up Tue

southsider2k5

12 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Ruiz is a legit prospect, not an auditioning AAAA guy. This is exciting, especially with Frare, Hamilton, Fry, and Burr here as well 

How could you forget Bummer?

Sox pen is going to be exciting next year; could be something special. Hopefully Burdi gets healthy down in the AFL ready to break camp at the start.

CL - Burdi
SU - Fry*
SU - Hamilton
MR - Bummer*
MR - Burr
LO - Frare*
LR - Ruiz

next year's whole bullpen should cost roughly $3,745,000.

and that doesn't take into account Covey / Fulmer / Danish / Guerrero as well

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nate Jones will be out there somewhere. 

I just don't see it, He hasn't been healthy and his option is more than the purposed bullpen (4.6M), his buy out is 1.2M. I'm more inclined to believe they either buy him out or trade him

5 minutes ago, beautox said:

I just don't see it, He hasn't been healthy and his option is more than the purposed bullpen (4.6M), his buy out is 1.2M. I'm more inclined to believe they either buy him out or trade him

Jones' option is at the league minimum due to the clause about arm surgery (nicely done by Hahn).  He will be retained by the Sox.  It'd be cheaper pick up the option than to buy him out.  He's around for at least one more season, but hard to pencil him into anything due to health. 

26 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Jones' option is at the league minimum due to the clause about arm surgery (nicely done by Hahn).  He will be retained by the Sox.  It'd be cheaper pick up the option than to buy him out.  He's around for at least one more season, but hard to pencil him into anything due to health. 

This.  At $500,000 for next year, he is a no brainer.