Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

Just now, 103 mph screwball said:

If the Dodgers were to clear salary, anyone the Sox could get that would help?  I prefer Machado so, I'm not too concerned about what Bryce Heyward does.

Joc Pederson as a two-year stopgap to Luis Robert wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world.

I'll drop it since I appear to be outnumbered, but this is textbook confirmation bias to me.

The Dodgers could very well sign Bryce Harper- in fact, I'm more afraid of them doing so than I am the Phillies/Yankees- but this tweet is most likely nothing. Guys are right on something (such as Bour) all the time on Twitter by just tweeting a bunch of random rumors and then deleting the ones that end up being wrong. Same thing can happen on Reddit. Until someone legit, such as Rosenthal/Heyman/Morosi says something about this, it's just as meaningless as the tweets from similar accounts saying that Harper is leaning towards signing with us.

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

Wouldn't the Dodgers have to clear salaries in order to avoid the luxury tax if they wanted Harper? I don't think they have done that as of now.

They would have plenty of time to get this done. They have a very creative FO so I have no doubt they would be able to get where they need to.

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Wouldn't the Dodgers have to clear salaries in order to avoid the luxury tax if they wanted Harper? I don't think they have done that as of now.

I don't know the deadlines for when they need to pay but I doubt it. They can sign him, maybe lose leverage in shedding the salaries.

So this could turn out to be true. The thing about sources like these is they are never double checked, so there's a higher likelihood of error but there absolutely are correct versions.

It'd be a shame if it was true, though. I already grew a beard for him.

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

They would. Plus they have Puig, Kemp, Bellinger, Verdugo, Pederson, Hernandez, and Toles in the OF. They need to make a few moves. 

Didn't they say no figures were exchanged between Boras and all the Harper suitors? Seems like an incredible turn of events to all of a sudden put together the biggest FA contract overnight after traveling back from Vegas the day before. Calling BS on this.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

So this could turn out to be true. The thing about sources like these is they are never double checked, so there's a higher likelihood of error but there absolutely are correct versions.

It'd be a shame if it was true, though. I already grew a beard for him.

I already bought three custom made Harper jerseys for my kids for Christmas 😪

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'll drop it since I appear to be outnumbered, but this is textbook confirmation bias to me.

The Dodgers could very well sign Bryce Harper- in fact, I'm more afraid of them doing so than I am the Phillies/Yankees- but this tweet is most likely nothing. Guys are right on something (such as Bour) all the time on Twitter by just tweeting a bunch of random rumors and then deleting the ones that end up being wrong. Same thing can happen on Reddit. Until someone legit, such as Rosenthal/Heyman/Morosi says something about this, it's just as meaningless as the tweets from similar accounts saying that Harper is leaning towards signing with us.

If he was posting rumors and deleting since the Bour thing, I feel people in those reddit threads would be calling him out. I’m sure once the Bour thing came true, people were noticing if/when he posted.

2 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I found the guy's twitter. This is the first time he's ever tried to break news on twitter/reddit, and he was right. It isn't like he's throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks, because he's one for one.

You're not gonna see deleted tweets, so you cant say certainly that hes one for one 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

If he was posting rumors and deleting since the Bour thing, I feel people in those reddit threads would be calling him out. I’m sure once the Bour thing came true, people were noticing if/when he posted.

Exactly. He has barely posted on reddit, so he hasn't been just guessing

9 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Don't drop it. It's an important point.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m just going to ask the question, but how would some random dude on reddit know about both Bour & Harper signings?  Like for those of you guys already assuming this is real, what would the connection be?  Unless Bour’s agent is Boras, I see none that makes any sense.

I cant find Bour's agent.

Seems little to no connection, but who knows. Maybe they have the same real estate agent.

2 minutes ago, Real said:

You're not gonna see deleted tweets, so you cant say certainly that hes one for one 

But in the baseball and team specific subreddits, you have tens of thousands of readers that can see anything that comes across them. If he had posted fake news in the past, someone would be calling him out in the comment section.

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

But in the baseball and team specific subreddits, you have tens of thousands of readers that can see anything that comes across them. If he had posted fake news in the past, someone would be calling him out in the comment section.

bingo, nobody is calling him out on twitter either

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m just going to ask the question, but how would some random dude on reddit know about both Bour & Harper signings?  Like for those of you guys already assuming this is real, what would the connection be?  Unless Bour’s agent is Boras, I see none that makes any sense.

I said earlier, maybe he knows Bour from his time on the Cubs. Sowa is a cubs fan I believe.

This guy is Green Bay Packers fan who went to Wisconsin and lives in Chicago. That's pretty common

But hes randomly an Angels fan. That doesn't really add up. I'm guessing he does know someone in the Angels organization for him to be a fan and be breaking stuff like the Bauer move.

Now the question is why that person would have anything on Harper to the Dodgers...