Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

I’m sure he was at the Bulls game trying to figure out how to top their utter failure 

Well with those attendance issues at the United Center...the bulls can't spend $1 when all they have is $1.50

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Hector, just go away...of course, he was never categorically wrong during this process, just tired of getting hopes up.

Seriously.  I don’t care about Hector’s vague tweets anymore.  He doesn’t know anymore than the “insiders” on this board.

This has been the offseason of “insiders” trying to make names for themselves and epically failing at it.

Edited by Harper2Sox

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

Seriously.  I don’t care about Hector’s vague tweets anymore.  He doesn’t know anymore than the “insiders” on this board.

This has been the offseason of “insiders” trying to make names for themselves and epically failing at it.

Hector was dead on with the Manny stuff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

He got the Sox offer to Machado right, so I think his info is worth considering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I like Hector, he did a great job with the Manny story....but I never want to hear his name again (as it would probably be a PEDS bust if we do).

Moncada, Jimenez or Robert getting busted would be the icing on the cake this offseason.

Then again, Castillo was rewarded with the starting job and our best overall fWAR catcher with four remaining years of control was traded for an overpriced reliever I’m now convinced 90-95% of teams wouldn’t have awarded that remaining contract were he a FA on the open market. 

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sure, until the Padres upped their offer on Monday night.  Hector was the only one with the 8/250 from the Sox side, so I trust the info he was providing.

It’s going to get so tiring if we have to listen to all the nonsense about it actually being a $350 million offer to Machado for the next year...NO, it wasn’t, just repeating that over and over again won’t get you anywhere with this fanbase anymore, or referring to the “paradigm-shifting” Luis Robert deal.

Burned one too many times.

Edited by caulfield12

It’s funny how so much money is thrown around all the time by JR but he is concerned about signing a Hall of Fame player.

The Sox spent $45 million this offseason on crap.

The Bulls traded for Otto Porter and his remaining $55 million.

Big money that won’t lead to winning for either team.  JR’s teams are just an embarrassment.  We need new ownership for both teams.

Edited by Harper2Sox

But we blew way past our policy of no longer giving out 4-5 year contracts to free agents.

Progress.

Lets not forget people, any deal without the opt out wasn’t going to fly.

We even thought it might be 2, likely 3 years.  5 was a shock, 4 was what seemed the reasonable number of years before the opt out kicked in...they wouldn’t even consider it, which makes absolutely no sense to the forest of the baseball executive world without a doubt. 

Edited by caulfield12