Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

And that meant what exactly? For the entire offseason, he claimed from his source the White Sox would sign Manny Machado. I watched the press conference with the Padres, seems like that didn’t happen. So I’m really not ready to give Hector Gomez the Pulitzer.

He got it wrong, just like Dan Clark, just like everyone else. But keep trying to pick up bread crumbs that Uncle Jerry is going to break out the checkbook for Bryce. History won’t be on your side. 

Hector doesn't belong in the same sentence as Dan Clark. Just my opinion. 

Hector had the Yankees out before anyone else and the accurate 8/250 contract offer from the Sox.  That's more correct on the Manny situation than anyone besides that upstate NYY account that said Padres would get Manny and that Yonder told Manny that San Diego was a great place to play.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Not going to tell anyone how to be a fan. You guys want to go back down the Hector Gomez rabbit hole, go nuts. 

Gomez just reiterated something someone else tweeted earlier after he was asked. 

And his his info was mostly accurate, especially when compared to others and ESPECIALLY Dan Clark.

I believe that’s all that was being said. I don’t think there’s a chance in hell the Sox get Harper, but your assessment was wrong. 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

This guy has been pretty good with his info this offseason.  Thinks Harper was close to 10/350 with the Phillies before teams came in at the end.

https://twitter.com/DanJFederico

He also thinks the Yankees are one of the “mystery teams”, which is just about the last team that would need to sign yet another high-priced outfielder.  He is another “insider”...

Edited by Harper2Sox

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

He also thinks the Yankees are interested, which are just about the last team that would need to sign yet another high priced outfielder.  More “insiders”...

That's his opinion, he doesn't say it's sourced.  He was basically the only one who thought Corbin would go to the Nets and he had the Padres likely getting Manny before just about anyone.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

That's his opinion, he doesn't say it's sourced.  He was basically the only one who thought Corbin would go to the Nets and he had the Padres likely getting Manny before just about anyone.

I don’t care if it’s sourced or not.  Anyone who can’t use common sense and realize that the Yankees aren’t going after Harper isn’t worth the Twitter follow.  Machado made waaaay more sense for the Yankees than Harper and they didn’t get serious with their offer for him.  This guy’s reasoning and opinion is apparently terrible.  He likely knows nothing.

Edited by Harper2Sox

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/

Might not want to look at the cover page on the entire newspaper.

Cant imagine the Tribune or Sun Times or even Daily Herald going that far unless it was Harper.

And maybe the White Sox made a mistake taking away the downtown view when they opened up New Comiskey facing the wrong way.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/sd-sp-padres-manny-machado-wbc-adam-jones-0222-story.html

Manny Machado mentioned the view of the skyline among the reason he enjoys Petco Park.

“I think I have pretty good numbers there,” he added.

That’s true. In four games while a member of the Dodgers and Orioles, Machado was 8-for-18 with a double, two walks and seven RBIs.

He might like the place even better if it were not for one iconic moment involving Machado and his friend and San Diego native Adam Jones during the 2017 World Baseball Classic.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/

Might not want to look at the cover page on the entire newspaper.

Cant imagine the Tribune or Sun Times or even Daily Herald going that far unless it was Harper.

And maybe the White Sox made a mistake taking away the downtown view when they opened up the wrong way.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/sd-sp-padres-manny-machado-wbc-adam-jones-0222-story.html

Manny Machado mentioned the view of the skyline among the reason he enjoys Petco Park.

“I think I have pretty good numbers there,” he added.

That’s true. In four games while a member of the Dodgers and Orioles, Machado was 8-for-18 with a double, two walks and seven RBIs.

He might like the place even better if it were not for one iconic moment involving Machado and his friend and San Diego native Adam Jones during the 2017 World Baseball Classic.

You really had to put this in the Harper thread? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

So he is like some sort of pshycic.

I just want Harper to sign already so we can all just move on from this disaster of an offseason, and in reality I don't mind them signing Jones or CarGo for RF at this point. Whatever makes the MLB team more watchable. Just get Jay and Alonso of the team ASAP, and don't give Alonso  Palka's ABs, unless Palka just sucks. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, shipps said:

So he is like some sort of pshycic.

Just like everyone sharing WSD’s tweets about being positive the Sox would sign Machado, lol.  He spent all offseason spouting on and on about how the Sox would land a whale and once Hahn failed, he reverted to saying that the Sox don’t need Machado or Harper cuz their young prospects are all studs.

”Insiders.”

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I just want Harper to sign already so we can all just move on from this disaster of an offseason, and in reality I don't mind them signing Jones or CarGo for RF at this point. Whatever makes the MLB team more watchable. Just get Jay and Alonso of the team ASAP, and don't give Alonso  Palka's ABs, unless Palka just sucks. 

Jones or CarGo makes them more watchable?  Jones is a statue on the field now.