**Movies that we Watch** Thread

Brian

• 1 month later...

Ice Road and especially Gunpowder Milkshake are watchable.

The latest Statham is just okay.

Infinite is borderline terrible, about where most reviews for Snake Eyes: GI Joe Origins are landing

Midsommar…that movie will really freak some out, picked it up on the watch list to take in totally a different genre of Florence Pugh performance.

Fear Street flicks are surprisingly pretty good.

14 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

I literally know nothing about the entire Dune franchise. Never read any of the books, never saw any of the movies or TV shows. 

If you like Sci-fi, the first book is a must read, I haven't read anything past that. The first movie was a David Lynch monstrosity which is funny to watch because of its absurdity and Sting is in it, but I don't think I've seen the whole thing beginning to end. 

3 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

I literally know nothing about the entire Dune franchise. Never read any of the books, never saw any of the movies or TV shows. 

With that info, how was the trailer to you, take it as a totally original piece? Does it look like something that looks like a must see?  

On 7/23/2021 at 2:38 PM, TheBlackSox8 said:

With that info, how was the trailer to you, take it as a totally original piece? Does it look like something that looks like a must see?  

It looks like an interesting sci-fi movie but nothing I'm going to rush out to watch. I might catch it in 3 or 4 years when they finally show it on TBS or TNT.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The Suicide Squad is incredibly fun.  Nobody is safe 

30 minutes ago, SoxFanForever said:

Really enjoyed this one as well.  It was extremely fun and I loved Cena in it.

Agree with both of y’all. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I enjoyed it greatly.  A solidly good sci-fi noir.  Not sure why this is getting so much hate.

I thought the premise was awesome but the execution in writing and production was awful awful awful.