Hahn on 670 Tonight

Sockin

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Hahn: I was upset yesterday, today I woke up a little upset.

Disconnect indeed. Fans are pissed and will continue to be pissed. So don't tell us management cares like us. 

My disgust has not subsided one bit since yesterday. Hard to imagine it will anytime soon. They're lying cheapskates.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

There's that, too.

It's also entirely possible that Lopez turns out to be the reliever all the experts thought him to be... and the Eaton trade becomes a disaster too.

Yoan HAS to turn the corner... Eloy has to become a world beater and Cease has to be a staff ace. 

All of these things HAVE TO happen now.

Since they aren't going to buy premium FA they need to take the time to let the prospects develop.  Rushing the prospects will take away the only chance of being a competitive team.

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Since they aren't going to buy premium FA they need to take the time to let the prospects develop.  Rushing the prospects will take away the only chance of being a competitive team.

Well, yeah...rushing Luis Robert, Cease and Madrigal up to the big leagues to "compete now" with their new veteran core in place would be so...2016.

The only question is what low-level prospect we trade blows up and becomes the next future MLB cornerstone.  A while ago, it was Bryce Bush as part of a rumored Joc Pederson deal.

I'm proud of the way Sox fans have reacted to this all. I would of expected general indifference and shrugging, which would of been a green light to the Sox to keep up their lying, cheapskate ways. I think a message is being sent. And hopefully that continues in to the season with ticket sales.

It's crazy when you think how a year or so ago Rick Hahn was hailed as a hero with the rebuild after some of the trades. And now look how he is viewed.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It really doesn't matter. By the time some of them develop, if any do, they'll all be a year or two away from FA and they'll be about to walk anyway should they be any good at baseball. Truly a mickey mouse org. 

At this point, they could trade their entire prospect/young MLB player wad and if any have success I can reasonably say that it wouldn't have happened here. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

29 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wish Holmes would have asked him: 

"If you couldn't go to $300M for Machado, who can you go there for? Without naming anyone, does that player exist?" 

The fact is, if they won't go there for Machado, they won't for anyone. Machado and Harper are about the ONLY players that ARE ACTUALLY WORTH IT HAHN!!!!!!!! 

Every situation and player is unique. We'd need to evaluate said player at the right time. Who that player is? We can't say for sure. 

Funny how when they thought they had Machado they were cocky and open about FA. Now they can't speak on the subject. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Every situation and player is unique. We'd need to evaluate said player at the right time. Who that player is? We can't say for sure. 

Funny how when they thought they had Machado they were cocky and open about FA. Now they can't speak on the subject. 

If he would have said that that would have told me all I need to know. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I think they were pretty much contingent on signing Manny. Like signing another starter, Pederson deal.

If this is the case, one player does control the rebuild. Just because you didn't get him doesnt mean you can't use the other players anymore. If they aren't signing Harper, they might as well get a head start on the meh players they are destined for. 

3 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I'm proud of the way Sox fans have reacted to this all. I would of expected general indifference and shrugging, which would of been a green light to the Sox to keep up their lying, cheapskate ways. I think a message is being sent. And hopefully that continues in to the season with ticket sales.

It's crazy when you think how a year or so ago Rick Hahn was hailed as a hero with the rebuild after some of the trades. And now look how he is viewed.

You can read every single post I've ever made here...I don't think I have once viewed or perceived him as anything resembling a hero, because he's FAR FAR FAR from it.  But it's nice the rose-colored glasses are all off and the Kool Aid drinking honeymoon period is over.  Now, there's just the cold hard reality of how difficult rebuilding really is...and this is with the worst division in baseball and the head start of trading off 3 Top 50 talents, not to mention the general ineptitude of the last decade...which provided us Carlos Rodon, who was supposed to be a sure-fire TOR starter.

The seeming ease with which the Royals, Mets, Cubs, Indians, Braves and Astros rose to the top of the pack on the backs of young players has created an illusion that this was an easy thing to pull off.

And it's REALLY not, at least...at least not for this front office.

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

If this is the case, one player does control the rebuild. Just because you didn't get him doesnt mean you can't use the other players anymore. If they aren't signing Harper, they might as well get a head start on the meh players they are destined for. 

Rather see them just hold onto everyone and give young players a shot now. It just really sucks that Jay and Alonso are getting playing time on this team.

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It really doesn't matter. By the time some of them develop, if any do, they'll all be a year or two away from FA and they'll be about to walk anyway should they be any good at baseball. Truly a mickey mouse org. 

At this point, they could trade their entire prospect/young MLB player wad and if any have success I can reasonably say that it wouldn't have happened here. 

I hope it doesn't take 5 years at the MLB level to develop,  this is why they need the time to develop in the minors.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

You can read every single post I've ever made here...I don't think I have once viewed or perceived him as anything resembling a hero, because he's FAR FAR FAR from it.  But it's nice the rose-colored glasses are all off and the Kool Aid drinking honeymoon period is over.  Now, there's just the cold hard reality of how difficult rebuilding really is...and this is with the worst division in baseball and the head start of trading off 3 Top 50 talents, not to mention the general ineptitude of the last decade...which provided us Carlos Rodon, who was supposed to be a sure-fire TOR starter.

The seeming ease with which the Royals, Mets, Cubs, Indians, Braves and Astros rose to the top of the pack on the backs of young players has created an illusion that this was an easy thing to pull off.

And it's REALLY not, at least...at least not for this front office.

This is so accurate. It took many many seasons for those teams to finally get to winning...we are in what, just beginning year 3? Its not time yet...

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Rather see them just hold onto everyone and give young players a shot now. It just really sucks that Jay and Alonso are getting playing time on this team.

Or pitchers like Covey and Fulmer who are going to be blocked by the likes of the forgettable Ivan "Thankfully I'm Not James Shields But Will Inevitably Be Compared to Him" Shields or Banuelos.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I hope it doesn't take 5 years at the MLB level to develop,  this is why they need the time to develop in the minors.

I think it it is going to take most hitters a while to get going because this org sucks major ass at developing position players.  It really doesn't matter.

6 minutes ago, Scoots said:

This is so accurate. It took many many seasons for those teams to finally get to winning...we are in what, just beginning year 3? Its not time yet...

None of them, not a single one, had the advantage of the head start created by the Sale, Eaton, and Quintana deals, not to mention the multiple years of top 15 to top 3 draft picks before it even started. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

None of them, not a single one, had the advantage of the head start created by the Sale, Eaton, and Quintana deals, not to mention the multiple years of top 15 to top 3 draft picks before it even started. 

They started from the best position, and are having the worst results, which should be surprising to nobody. 

Fool me once, shame on you.. Fool me twice, shame on me. 

I'm not getting fooled a 2nd time. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2