Cubs thread 2k19

Buehrle>Wood

Maybe the Tribune and Cub fans should petition to put Joe Maddon's face on Mount Rushmore.  Funny how Joe gets all the credit for success and none for failure. He was solely responsible but the choke of 2019 ranks right up there with 1969, the 1984 playoffs, the Bartman inning, and the 2008 flop, and this year happened on his watch. Excuse me if I don't shed any tears. He made his $25 million and he can what he wants at this point. Hopefully, the Cubs will repeat their choking act in 2020. It is part of their tradition.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 8:26 AM, NWINFan said:

Maybe the Tribune and Cub fans should petition to put Joe Maddon's face on Mount Rushmore.  Funny how Joe gets all the credit for success and none for failure. He was solely responsible but the choke of 2019 ranks right up there with 1969, the 1984 playoffs, the Bartman inning, and the 2008 flop, and this year happened on his watch. Excuse me if I don't shed any tears. He made his $25 million and he can what he wants at this point. Hopefully, the Cubs will repeat their choking act in 2020. It is part of their tradition.

That team had holes in it that the front office did NOTHING to fix over last offseason.  Maddon isn't solely responsible for 2019, but he's far from blameless in it.

I've long felt that he is the most overrated manager in baseball.

16 hours ago, Quin said:

Kaplan was on SoxTalk to help grade the Quintana trade.

I cannot stand that useless waste of air.

Marquee is the best thing that has ever happened to Chicago sports, because now I can't accidentally see that dude's  mug

• 2 weeks later...