Sox and Mariners Game #2

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

Eloy is no where near Frank as a hitter. Franks K to walk was rediculously good throughout his college and minor league career. He was a bone dangerous hitter his whole career and one of the greats of all time. Eloy is not even on close pace with Frank but can be a very good hitter especially if he cuts down on the K's. 

Eloy's career in the MLB started a week ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Eloy is no where near Frank as a hitter. Franks K to walk was rediculously good throughout his college and minor league career. He was a bone dangerous hitter his whole career and one of the greats of all time. Eloy is not even on close pace with Frank but can be a very good hitter especially if he cuts down on the K's. 

Ks are going to be up because of the nature of the game, but I still consider Frank 1990-1997 and Eloy both hitters first, that will hit homers because of the strength.

Just now, flavum said:

Ks are going to be up because of the nature of the game, but I still consider Frank 1990-1997 and Eloy both hitters first, that will hit homers because of the strength.

Let's be honest - comparing anyone to Frank is unfair to that player until they're hitting at a HOF level. No matter how adept your comparison, you're comparing that player to the biggest offensive force of the 90's that didn't involve steroids and that's going to deserve a "wait a second". 

Talk to me when Eloy has a 1.000 OPS and I will be ok with starting to compare that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Let's be honest - comparing anyone to Frank is unfair to that player until they're hitting at a HOF level. No matter how adept your comparison, you're comparing that player to the biggest offensive force of the 90's that didn't involve steroids and that's going to deserve a "wait a second". 

Talk to me when Eloy has a 1.000 OPS and I will be ok with starting to compare that. 

It may be unfair, but I knew on August 2, 1990 Frank was going to be a superstar. Eloy is going to be too. He just is.

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Are you going to outspend the Yankees for Cole? Are you ok with spending $20m a year on Bumgarner if he can't pitch more than 120 innings a season?

If not, what front line starters are left?

I said acquire, so we may have to trade for a number two or something. 

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I said acquire, so we may have to trade for a number two or something. 

The Sox are not in a position to start trading away any prospects. They will go after guys like Wacha, Kuechel, and Wheeler this offseason in FA. 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

The Sox are not in a position to start trading away any prospects. They will go after guys like Wacha, Kuechel, and Wheeler this offseason in FA. 

I consider Wacha and Dallas to be quality 2's so that is fine. And we have a surplus of outfielders in our system so I'd start there. Next year is year 1 of division contention so it is not too early. 

Woah now, the Big Hurt was a clearly superior hitter compared to Cabrera. He had a better peak and was more consistently great. But it is true that Eloy is more similar to Cabrera than Thomas

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic