4/7- Sox vs Mariners, 1:10, WGN

flavum

We ran into a hot hitting Seattle team  at the wrong time for us is all. I still think this will be a good and entertaining year for the Sox. Just have to think positive 

Edited by elrockinMT

The only positive I can see about the White Sox having another awful season is Renteria potentially getting fired. If we had a good team and were winning Renteria would still be an awful manager but people would ignore it. I'm not someone who uses managers at scapegoats for bad teams. Robin was hated as a manager by fans but I never as many issues with him as with Renteria.

1 minute ago, JuliusO1274 said:

The only positive I can see about the White Sox having another awful season is Renteria potentially getting fired. If we had a good team and were winning Renteria would still be an awful manager but people would ignore it. I'm not someone who uses managers at scapegoats for bad teams. Robin was hated as a manager by fans but I never as many issues with him as with Renteria.

Since records and overall performance don’t apparently mean much to the Sox (see Hahn’s record), I don’t expect it to happen.  Renteria should be canned because he’s a bad manager, regardless of his overall record with this rebuilding Sox team.

32 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

I’m hoping for new ownership and new management.  I can’t just be happy watching a trash product managed by a trash front office like some people.

Here's a crazy idea, find something that makes you happy.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

I’m hoping for new ownership and new management.  I can’t just be happy watching a trash product managed by a trash front office like some people.

Present ownership has made it clear they have no intentions of buying their way out of mediocrity. 

If they are going to lose 85 to 90 games a year then let it be with the talented farmhands getting on the job training at the MAJOR LEAGUE level.

Only a handful of the players on this roster will be on the next contender. Heck, even the games-eating manager won't be here.

But of course it's about player control so they won't be elevating the minor leaguers any time soon. But it would at least change the perspective. I would love to see flashes of brilliance from a Robert or Cease.  Just give me some reason to hope for a better future. 

Besides turning a profit with low payrolls on both the West and South sides on town, I have no clue what the true mission of this ownership is.

He said sells the Sox but keep the Bulls.

That's rather telling.

Edited by GradMc

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Here's a crazy idea, find something that makes you happy.

I also have a nice collection of guns and like to go target shooting at the range.  But it’s baseball season now and my favorite team sucks again, and it’s the ownership and management’s fault.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

Present ownership has made it clear they have no intentions of buying their way out of mediocrity. 

If they are going to lose 85 to 90 games a year then let it be with the talented farmhands getting on the job training at the MAJOR LEAGUE level.

Only a handful of the players on this roster will be on the next contender. Heck, even the games-eating manager won't be here.

But of course it's about player control so they won't be elevating the minor leaguers any time soon. But it would at least change the perspective. I would love to see flashes of brilliance from a Robert or Cease.  Just give me some reason to hope for a better future. 

Besides turning a profit with low payrolls on both the West and South sides on town, I have no clue what the true mission of this ownership is.⁰

That's rather telling.

You have your own take on mgt but not many people buy teams as an investment. 

5 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Besides turning a profit with low payrolls on both the West and South sides on town, I have no clue what the true mission of this ownership is.⁰

That's rather telling.

What’s truly telling is if you look at the state of both the Sox and the Bulls.  Both teams are horrible and both are managed by guys with jobs for life (Kenny, Hahn, And GarPax).  Reinsdorf is obviously the problem.

Edited by Harper2Sox

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

I also have a nice collection of guns and like to go target shooting at the range.  But it’s baseball season now and my favorite team sucks again, and it’s the ownership and management’s fault.

Because dwelling on minutiae of it is treating you really well. You're pissed, you know what is going to happen,  yet you keep doing it.  You might want to revisit who is at fault here unless you enjoy misery.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Because dwelling on minutiae of it is treating you really well. You're pissed, you know what is going to happen,  yet you keep doing it.  You might want to revisit who is at fault here unless you enjoy misery.

If I can’t be upset when they suck, do I have your permission to be happy when they are good?  Or is only being happy ever allowed?

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, pcq said:

You have your own take on mgt but not many people buy teams as an investment. 

I wouldn't own a major league sports team if I wasn't in it to win it. And I certainly wouldn't own one (or two) if I wasn't affluent enough to operate them at a competitive level.

But that's me.

• Like 1