Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/23 6:05 CDT (Nova vs. Cashner)

Greg Hibbard

Hahn must have snoozed through the scouting courses during his matriculation at Kellogg. 

Thank goodness there wasn't another Tatis Jr to barter away for Nova.

And what's really ironic is had Tatis Jr. still been in the Sox org, no way would Reinsdorf allow him to play at major league level at 20.

Robert for all intense and purposes should be up here now. Cease too.

Won't happen with that owner.

Nova ($9 million)

Alonso ($9 million)

Santana ($4.3 million)

Jay ($4 million)

It all adds up to BAD.  Who would you rather have for $26.3 million?  I’m sure there was a better option than this pile of crap.

Edited by Harper2Sox

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Nova ($9 million)

Alonso ($9 million)

Santana ($4.3 million)

Jay ($4 million)

It all adds up to BAD.  Who would you rather have for $26.3 million?  I’m sure there was a better option than this pile of crap.

Could have been put towards a moncada extension.  That ship has likely sailed however.  He's going to bet on himself.  Next chance will probably be in the offseason at a significantly higher AAV.

3 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Nova ($9 million)

Alonso ($9 million)

Santana ($4.3 million)

Jay ($4 million)

You forgot Herrera, Colome, and McCann. 3/7 so far in dumpster diving. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Could have been put towards a moncada extension.  That ship has likely sailed however.  He's going to bet on himself.  Next chance will probably be in the offseason at a significantly higher AAV.

Can’t give the proven player Machado $50 more million guaranteed but will throw away over half that amount on guys we hope will be DFA’ed a month into the season.

4 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Nova ($9 million)

Alonso ($9 million)

Santana ($4.3 million)

Jay ($4 million)

It all adds up to BAD.  Who would you rather have for $26.3 million?  I’m sure there was a better option than this pile of crap.

League minimum guys and that money towards a Machado contract lol

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Nova ($9 million)

Alonso ($9 million)

Santana ($4.3 million)

Jay ($4 million)

Don't  forget picking up Jones' option and Guyer at AAA

30 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Crazy that they allowed a guy to give up 9 runs in 4 innings without even getting anyone up.  How the hell can you keep this staff when the Sox want to be competitive?  They don’t compete.  Perfect manager/pitching coach to hunt for draft picks.  They really gave up 5 runs in exchange for 3 outs.  Pathetic.

They pretty much conceded the game again in the early innings. They knew Nova had nothing after the third homer. It went from 7 runs to 9 and game ova. He shoulda been lifted after 7th run but that's still too many to come back from.

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

And I don't personally classify Herrera as a dumpster diving move. Dude got 3 years, $27 mill. That's hardly a dumpster move.

Indeed.  I wasn’t either.  You could argue whether signing a top reliever was worth it at this point in the rebuild however.

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

And I don't personally classify Herrera as a dumpster diving move. Dude got 3 years, $27 mill. That's hardly a dumpster move.

That’s incorrect. He’s guaranteed 2/$18M. $9M AAV same as Alonso and Nova that were included in his list...

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It’s called dumpster diving for a reason. No one scores above an F in that course.

Well, Hahn had better start scoring higher than an F at dumpster diving when that is his only free agent strategy.

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

Indeed.  I wasn’t either.  You could argue whether signing a top reliever was worth it at this point in the rebuild however.

You’d only include him if he was sucking. But he’s not so you conveniently left him out. Same with McCann and Colome.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

That’s incorrect. He’s guaranteed 2/$18M. $9M AAV same as Alonso and Nova that were included in his list...

The point remains.  I would’ve rather thrown that $18 million towards Machado or Harper than a reliever who may not even be here when the Sox are competing.

Edited by Harper2Sox

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

Well, Hahn had better start scoring higher than an F at dumpster diving when that is his only free agent strategy.

Lol. Ok man whatever floats your boat. We shouldn’t be signing high profile free agents yet anyway with how bad this team is, amirite?

12 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Nova ($9 million)

Alonso ($9 million)

Santana ($4.3 million)

Jay ($4 million)

Jay may end up being worst signing