Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/23 6:05 CDT (Nova vs. Cashner)

Greg Hibbard

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Lol. Ok man whatever floats your boat. We shouldn’t be signing high profile free agents yet anyway with how bad this team is, amirite?

First of all, both Herrera and Colome are solid relievers.  They aren’t examples of dumpster diving.  The problem is, they may only be here for two years when the Sox aren’t even in competition.  One could easily argue that’s Hahn jumped the gun on signing them but they will likely be traded before the Sox are in competition so they have value as trade bait.

McCann?  Wow, get back to me by the end of the season.

Edited by Harper2Sox

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I agree but I was just using the Harper2Sox definition of “dumpster diving.”

It'd be a better world and a better city if the Sox resisted signing Jay and donated the 4 million to public high school sports teams. That woulda been awesome. There's simply no reason a tanking team give Jay ANY at bats or reps in the field this season. Let Cordell play or Engel or anybody 25 or younger. Geez.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

First of all, both Herrera and Colome are solid relievers.  They aren’t examples of dumpster diving.  The problem is, they may only be here for two years when the Sox aren’t even in competition.

McCann?  Wow, get back to me by the end of the season.

And Machado is going to be an overpaid liability by the time the Sox are contending. So what’s your point?

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And Machado is going to be an overpaid liability by the time the Sox are contending. So what’s your point?

The relievers are likely here for 2 years max.  Machado is 26 and will be 28 in two years.  How are you comparing these two situations?

Edited by Harper2Sox

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

The relievers are likely here for 2 years max.  Machado is 26.  How are you comparing these two situations?

The relievers have a high probability of turning into prospects via trades. Machado is going to turn into an eyesore of a contract within a few years. Which option better serves the rebuild?

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The relievers have a high probability of turning into prospects via trades. Machado is going to turn into an eyesore of a contract within a few years. Which option better serves the rebuild?

I already acknowledged that the two relievers will be trade bait.

The Padres stole two players right from under Hahn’s nose and I think they are feeling just fine with them and in completion.

5 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

I already acknowledged that the two relievers will be trade bait.

The Padres stole two players right from under Hahn’s nose and I think they are feeling just fine with them and in completion.

You didn’t answer my question. I’m assuming you don’t agree that Machado will be a liability of a contract from 2021 thru 2026.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You didn’t answer my question. I’m assuming you don’t agree that Machado will be a liability of a contract from 2021 thru 2026.

Not to a team with legitimate ownership that wants to win.  $300 million is the going rate for top free agent players.  Go check the Forbes article again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Just like Heyward’s contract hasn’t been a liability for Theo and Ricketts?

Yes, cuz they are identical players.

Do you ever get tired from carrying around Hahn’s Jock?  😂

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Haha 2