Why isn't there a game thread yet? Sox vs Tigers, 1:10 PM

ron883

28 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

You can do it yourself now in account settings. New feature 

Thanks.  I see the feature but unfortunately a mod already changed my name once from Machado2Sox to Harper2Sox and you can only change your name once every 365 days.

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

Lopez needs to tone down that celebration, respect the game! Next time he bats in a game he should get plunked! 

If he continues to pitch like that, I'm sure he'll  take his chances. I  love to see some fire and passion from this team.

10 minutes ago, GradMc said:

I sure hope so.

It's time to contend.

They have the back-end of the bullpen.

I don't know if the Sox can realistically do anything this season, but I agree. No more trading for prospects.  It's time to act like you want to win games - now.

1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

I don't know if the Sox can realistically do anything this season, but I agree. No more trading for prospects.  It's time to act like you want to win games - now.

I say keep Colome and Herrera but trade Abreu. Trading Abreu is just smart GMing. Colome should get an extension. Nice to see Fry back on track. They need one more late inning guy. Hopefully it is Burdi or Hamilton. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I say keep Colome and Herrera but trade Abreu. Trading Abreu is just smart GMing. Colome should get an extension. Nice to see Fry back on track. They need one more late inning guy. Hopefully it is Burdi or Hamilton. 

I think this is the route I would go.  Collins to 1B/DH along with Jimenez.  Sign Grandal.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GradMc said:

If Rodon is still on this team next year, he'll be the best #4 starter in MLB - assuming they don't go out and get a vetted ace.

Then he's the best #5 starter.

- 

Who is #5? Giolito? If so, that is going to be a sick rotation 

Edited by Jack Parkman

15 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

I think this is the route I would go.  Collins to 1B/DH along with Jimenez.  Sign Grandal.

Move Eloy to first, after a number of games in the outfield in the minor leagues he still looks very, very lost. He's as bad and as much of a health risk to himself right now as Delmonico.

I'm just happy that Lopez' who had a brilliant game today wasn't hurt worse or perhaps lost it because of an unearned run. 

Sox scored just enough before he left the game to ensure he wouldn't get screwed like Chris Sale did so many times. Sale would throw a two or three hitter, strike out 12 and lose 2-1 or something like that.

Jose is staying hot as well which is very good because Eloy is going to be on the shelf for awhile. 

20 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Agreed. I think you give Eloy a 1B mitt and see if he can do it, if not he goes to DH with Collins taking 1B duty. Abreu needs to continue raking so he can get moved for a nice return in July. At that point, Alonso can go play 1B and Eloy can DH while taking reps at 1B in practice and in the offseason. I wouldn't put him at 1B in a game until next Spring training. Grandal should be the Sox #1 target this offseason along with Marcell Ozuna. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Agreed. I think you give Eloy a 1B mitt and see if he can do it, if not he goes to DH with Collins taking 1B duty. Abreu needs to continue raking so he can get moved for a nice return in July. At that point, Alonso can go play 1B and Eloy can DH while taking reps at 1B in practice and in the offseason. I wouldn't put him at 1B in a game until next Spring training. Grandal should be the Sox #1 target this offseason along with Marcell Ozuna. 

And Zack Wheeler 😉

20 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not so sure I’d throw a big contract at a sub-.800 career OPS 29 year old left fielder but there aren’t many good free agent options left after they all extended.  I do like this idea over keeping Abreu around and leaving Eloy in LF.  This could be a good lineup in no specific order...

2B Madrigal

CF Robert

LF Ozuna

3B Moncada

1B/DH Eloy

SS Anderson

DH/1B Collins

C Grandal

RF Basabe

Edited by Harper2Sox

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And Zack Wheeler 😉

Let the kids in the rotation grow. Only if Gio sucks all season again. If he doesn't take a step forward, I'd rather go all in for Cole. Idk if Uncle Jerry would spend for him, but Wheeler is a nice plan B. If Gio takes a step, they don't need anything other than depth in AAA. 

Edited by Jack Parkman