Sox vs Indians 5/14 1:10PM CT

justBLAZE

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

6 starts 28 IP. Right in line with his career average. They have to get him stretched out some, but might be playing with fire doing so. 

He reminds me so much of Rich Harden. Just make him 5 inning pitcher and hope for 2 runs or less.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That isn't saying much though. His peers look dreadful to say the least. 

Cease has performed better than any other Top 100 MLB prospect that’s pitched this year in AAA. Seriously, check the AAA stats of the top 10 RHP and LHP per MLB pipeline’s list. Some truly atrocious ERAs.

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Cease has performed better than any other Top 100 MLB prospect that’s pitched this year in AAA. Seriously, check the AAA stats of the top 10 RHP and LHP per MLB pipeline’s list. Some truly atrocious ERAs.

Wow. You weren't kidding. Keller and Cease are the only T10 pitchers in AAA with an ERA under 4.00

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And Keller has a 1.62 WHIP. He’s averaging a walk every two innings...

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Everyone’s AZL darling, Whitley, has a 10.80 ERA lol

Whitley's ERA is shocking. Maybe there is a problem with the baseballs they're using. If this doesn't tell you that the ball is juiced to hell, idk what does. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I think they should just get all nice guys. Who cares if they are good at baseball or not. Maybe have clowns coach the bases. maybe have Hahn and KW and JR throw pies in each others' faces. The kids would love it. 

Don't we already have one at 3B?  Mr. "I never met a runner that I couldn't wave around".

Edited by bubba phillips

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That's a tough place to pitch.

I didn't know how hard it has been to pitch in AAA this year. I thought the Charlotte rotation was just a bucket of suck outside of Cease. I'd take any stats from hitters in AAA this year with a massive grain of salt. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

He reminds me so much of Rich Harden. Just make him 5 inning pitcher and hope for 2 runs or less.

this seems to be pretty much most pitchers now. Average innings for a starting pitcher last year was 5.4.

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Whitley's ERA is shocking. Maybe there is a problem with the baseballs they're using. If this doesn't tell you that the ball is juiced to hell, idk what does. 

There isn't a problem, it's just that AAA is using MLB balls this season. That's why everything is so ridiculous.

Edited by DirtySox

Just now, DirtySox said:

There isn't a problem it's just that AAA is using MLB balls this season. That's why everything is so ridiculous.

I know. There's a huge difference between AAA and MLB though. the hitting is incredibly inflated, and it is making AAA pitching look horrible and hitting look otherworldly. If they're going to do that, they might as well eliminate the AAA level as it serves no purpose for player development. 

Just now, DirtySox said:

There isn't a problem it's just that AAA is using MLB balls this season. That's why everything is so ridiculous.

Which gives you an idea of how guys like Whitley and Wright would perform at the big league level if called up now.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know. There's a huge difference between AAA and MLB though. the hitting is incredibly inflated, and it is making AAA pitching look horrible and hitting look otherworldly. If they're going to do that, they might as well eliminate the AAA level as it serves no purpose for player development. 

players cannot develop if a ball makes their pitching lines look horrible!

• Like 1

This tightly wound baseball is going to ruin the game. Aside from all of these injuries to pitchers arms, trying to throw breaking pitches, with virtually no raised seams, the exit velocities, on some of these hard it balls, is going to get a pitcher killed. I hope they decide to go back to the old ball. I think that those are more important considerations than the inflated ERA's.

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

players cannot develop if a ball makes their pitching lines look horrible!

That's not what I meant. I meant it is nearly impossible to evaluate if a player is ready or not. Pitchers will never look ready and hitting will look ready nearly immediately. 

Yolmer's OPS back below 600.  What a fucking joke he's been this year.  How do you go from a 2 WAR player to a negative WAR player in one offseason?  He looks completely overmatched at the plate after looking fairly competent for most of his career.

Good thing they moved Moncada for him and Madrigal.  Talk about counting on eggs that might never hatch.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2

This tanking/losing on purpose is really bad. Whenever you have Banuelos and Covey starting you're basically tanking/losing on purpose. Everybody wants Cease up with the team now. Instead they keep pitching Banuelos and Covey. The White Sox have a tough 7 game road trip next week at Houston and Minnesota. As it stands now, Banuelos and Covey will be starting 4 of those games. It should be ugly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

This tanking/losing on purpose is really bad. Whenever you have Banuelos and Covey starting you're basically tanking/losing on purpose. Everybody wants Cease up with the team now. Instead they keep pitching Banuelos and Covey. The White Sox have a tough 7 game road trip next week at Houston and Minnesota. As it stands now, Banuelos and Covey will be starting 4 of those games. It should be ugly.

They're not pitching Banuelos and Covey because they want to. In a perfect world, Kopech and Rodon would be pitching in their spots. Injures have forced them into this situation. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic