6/6 Games

flavum

4 hours ago, bmags said:

https://www.milb.com/gameday/dsl-white-sox-vs-dsl-padres/2019/06/06/597762#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=597762

LOL

Espinosa 1-4 with a BB and ... 4 runs somehow!

Sanchez 4-7

Benyamin Bailey 3-5 with a walk (17 y.o., on fire to start season)

I forgot Lazaro Leal (1b) was a guy because he's 22 but he came from Cuba in December. He was 2-3 with 3 walks and is hitting .471 so far with a 1.415 OPS

I bet you thought there were homers in this game (nope)

Wilber Sanchez had a triple though.

Can we send Robert down just for funsies for a week before his major league debut

54 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Looks like he just may have needed an adjustment period. A+ to AA is the biggest jump in the minors. (Obviously AAA to MLB is bigger) 

Woah, you mean players need to learn and adjust to new leagues and levels? 

I though for sure they just played the whole season like their first 20 games or so.

Not that all of them can make the adjustments but writing any players off before half a season doesn't make much sense. The end of the season numbers don't even mean as much as the progress during the season.

Edited by ptatc

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I though for sure they just played the whole season like their first 20 games or so.

Not that all of them can make the adjustments but writing any players off before half a season doesn't make much sense. The end of the season numbers don't even mean as much as the ptprogress during the season.

Well they aren’t prospects anymore either after a tough go of it.  Done.    Apparently baseball is the only profession in America where you only have one chance and can never fail.  And then on top of it you get shamed and blamed on message boards by nervous-guy fans.  Then when the blood on the corpse is fully consumed, they move up the chain to hostetler, KW and RH...they drafted him!  Those morons!  Anderson was lucky!

Edited by Jerksticks

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Love how people are chastising posters for reacting to a 2 month sample because they had a single good game.

I think you are reading it wrong.

It was in response to "maybe he is adjusting to the level" not that he had a good game.

30 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Not that all of them can make the adjustments but writing any players off before half a season doesn't make much sense. The end of the season numbers don't even mean as much as the ptprogress during the season.

People have been writing off Rutherford since we got him.