Rangers and Sox Game Thread

I know McCann is killing it but I would like the Sox to give Collins a lot of starts behind the plate to see how he fares.

The Sox really need to find out if they need to throw a lot of money at Grandal or not.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

I'm not gonna get ahead of myself, but damn that Collins HR stroke looked a whole lot like Josh Hamilton

Me 36 minures ago on page 2:

Collins' swing on the homer looked identical to a Josh Hamilton home run swing

😎

• Haha 1

Benetti is the most clueless non-athlete announcer of all time...

Benetti:  "How did he get that dirt mark on his shoulder?"

Stone:  "Pine tar"

Benetti:  "Oh, I thought it was from sliding..."

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He took an ungodly number of called 3rd strikes in the minors

I think Collins is going to be a valuable addition to the lineup, but there will be a subsection of Soxtalk that absolutely loathes his batting profile. The strikeouts, the passivity, and low batting average will drive a few people nuts.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Benetti is the most clueless non-athlete announcer of all time...

Benetti:  "How did he get that dirt mark on his shoulder?"

Stone:  "Pine tar"

True...but Benetti as improved remarkably as the team has given him something to talk about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I think Collins is going to be a valuable addition to the lineup, but there will be a subsection of Soxtalk that absolutely loathes his batting profile. The strikeouts, the passivity, and low batting average will drive a few people nuts.

Agreed, but if he can show any skill behind the plate, it will appease some of this anger.  Adam Dunn Lite with some catching talent would have some value.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Meanwhile, Cease got roughed up again in Charlotte.  ERA closing in to 5.  

I hope it's the pressure building here, the reason for his struggles. 

Very disappointing but also a good excuse to save on service time.

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Meanwhile, Cease got roughed up again in Charlotte.  ERA closing in to 5.  

I hope it's the pressure building here, the reason for his struggles. 

Maybe he should sign that extension.

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Yep, you've seen a lot of the same at bats I've seen him have in the minors.  I just want him to swing if it's close with 2 strikes, as too often he resembled Yoan from last year.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep, you've seen a lot of the same at bats I've seen him have in the minors.  I just want him to swing if it's close with 2 strikes, as too often he resembled Yoan from last year.

That's the only thing to worry about.  But once he isn't a rookie anymore, umps will respect him more and he won't be fucked by the close calls like Moncada last year.  We should never be too upset that one of our hitters is patient and has a good idea of the strike zone.  I mean, look at our hitters and lineups over the years.  Collins is exactly what we need more of.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Eloy is scarier than shit on hard line drives but he has been catching them so far.

He doesn't bother me in left field.  He catches what he's suppose to and seems to be working to improve.  Jason & Stone were saying he works with Boston every day.