Tribune Now Has Sox Beat Writer...

Lip Man 1

Just announced they have hired LaMond Pope as the new beat writer.

I guess they feel the Sox are relevant again either that or their financial situation is better. Remember when they dropped a full time Sox beat writer they claimed it was because of finances. (Personally I don't believe that for a second as Feder reported when they were saying this they were giving bonuses to the big-wig's and higher-up's in the company)

Either way it is a smart move and about damn time.

Just now, bmags said:

Saying the sox dropped the beat writer because of finances and at the same time they were giving big wigs bonuses is not mutually exclusive. 

No it isn't but it says a lot about their commitment to good journalism doesn't it? 

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

You should have applied, Lip. 

I've written for newspapers in the past and strung for ones like in Sacramento and Phoenix but I've got a nice job out here in Idaho doing what I love and we only have five more years to pay on the house.

Nice thought though.

4 hours ago, Nardiwashere said:

Good.  The new beat writer is just in time to report on season ending injuries to every player ever.

By my count I think it is up to eight. Maybe someone can correct me:

Rodon, Lambert, Dunning, Burr, Adolfo, Jones, Kopech, Burdi. 

Now add in guys who ALWAYS seem to be hurt Basabe and Burger immediately come to mind, throw in Covey and Banuelos and it is now an epidemic. 

9 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Meh. Twitter and the Athletic is all I need.

I question my subscription to the Athletic as long as they continue to employ Mark Lazerus. He makes message board posters look like geniuses. He is a shit stain on an otherwise awesome product. Not baseball related, but still relevant. I buy that subscription for MLB and NHL coverage and he makes reading Hawks segments insufferable.