There's a fooking ballgame today folks! Cubs vs Sox!

ron883

20 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Benetti is more universally liked than some Sox fans would admit. And he's gotten a lot better in the last year. His biggest issue with some fans is that he isn't Hawk.

I like Benetti. I think if there's an issue, it's that he's too much of a cornball. Sometimes I feel like he tries a bit too hard. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

What is the Sox future plan for right field? Tilson or Cordell are not the long term answer obviously. 

Sox have tons of cash available. Corey Dickerson could be a nice short term solution. 

Rutherford would be the in house solution, he has been hitting well in AA recently

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Jon Cusack in the crowd with Chelios in Sox hats.  Go fuck yourself, Jon.

I was at a Sox game once and they showed Cusack on the jumbotron and he was greeted with a loud round of boos!!  haha 

• Like 1

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Sox have tons of cash available. Corey Dickerson could be a nice short term solution. 

Rutherford would be the in house solution, he has been hitting well in AA recently

The Sox should aim higher than Dickerson and Rutherford isn’t even close to an option right now.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

The Sox should aim higher than Dickerson and Rutherford isn’t even close to an option right now.

Corner outfield market is pretty weak this year. Dickerson is probably the best of the bunch.

Rutherford would be more of a guy for 2021-

Corner outfield market is pretty weak this year. Dickerson is probably the best of the bunch.

I'd rather have Yasiel Puig everyday over Dickerson, and I don't even want Puig.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Everyone crapped on me for suggesting Puig and now he’s gotten hotter than shit like Machado.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Yeah agree with moan here, they should aim higher. One of the few positions they can bring in an impact bat. I don’t think Walker or Rutherford have enough thump to play RF. 

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Dickerson is the best of the bunch?  Do you mean as a stop gap solution?

Ozuna

Castellanos

Puig

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Corey Dickerson? Might as well just offer an extension to Jon Jay.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

The guy with 10 career minor league homers and 745 OPS? 

Give it time.  Doubles power and obp will happen.  I just want competent hitters 1 through 9 and I think he will get there. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah agree with moan here, they should aim higher. One of the few positions they can bring in an impact bat. I don’t think Walker or Rutherford have enough thump to play RF. 

Maybe not the most popular answer, but could it end up being Leury in center and Robert in right?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I‘d rather have Dickerson on a shorter term deal though than spending big bucks on Ozuna or giving a longer term deal to Puig

If Dickerson is available for 2 yrs he is the best fit IMO..

Just now, HeHatesShe said:

Maybe not the most popular answer, but could it end up being Leury in center and Robert in right?

There’s no reason to do this when you could greatly improve the lineup by leaving Robert in CF and signing a big corner bat.

I‘d rather have Dickerson on a shorter term deal though than spending big bucks on Ozuna or giving a longer term deal to Puig

If Dickerson is available for 2 yrs he is the best fit IMO..

Yeah but we literally have no money committed to anyone.  Ozuna would be more than affordable.