There's a fooking ballgame today folks! Cubs vs Sox!

ron883

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Jose is the man!

El Rockin is the greatest Sox fan alive. Never negative. Always sees the positive. That said i am outta here. ... Hopefully I will change the luck. I despise the Cubs.

• Like 2

Just now, fathom said:

And the fact for some reason they can’t get an actual DH.  Jay and Tilson being in the same lineup against LHP is funny.

Its part of the price we paid for Alonso being one of the worst starters in baseball.

The last time I remember a White Sox pitcher walk that many in a row was in the mid 1950's when we had a 16 year old bonus baby named Jim Derrington who walked the first four hitters in the game.  Tough beginning for his first start.

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Yes of course that’s always the answer when we have a rough game 

My opinion has nothing to do with this one game.

I’m sick of Ricky’s bunting and stupid decisions.

Lopez has declined under Cooper and Giolito was fixed by his high school coach.

Steverson isn’t good at anything.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

17 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Don Cooper should be denied the postgame spread.

cooper cant throw strikes in pressure situations. he sucks.

but cooper has a 2.26 era against everyone other than the Cubs this year.

21 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

They scored double digit runs in their last game

I understand that .they  also 3 out of 4  in that series and  2 out of 3 against the reds. It was a frustrating comment  it happens. 

I think people underestimate the mental and physical effect of facing top 7 lineups in baseball in 5 consecutive starts. Each and every start he had to give 100% attention each outing, and any guy in all of those lineups can hurt you. There was zero margin for error, and I think if these  5 starts were spread more evenly over the year you would have seen different results. This stretch of offenses he faced would have been taxing on just about any pitcher ever. He had no start where he could work out any kinks in his delivery without getting lit. I think he's done a decent job given the circumstances. It sucks worse because his two horrible starts were against the Cubs. 

The last 5 starts were: Yankees, Sawx, Cubs, Twins, Cubs. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think people underestimate the mental and physical effect of facing top 7 lineups in baseball in 6 consecutive starts. Each and every start he had to give 100% attention each outing, and any guy in all of those lineups can hurt you. There was zero margin for error, and I think if these 6 starts were spread more evenly over the year you would have seen different results. This stretch of offenses he faced would have been taxing on just about any pitcher ever. He had no start where he could work out any kinks in his delivery without getting lit. I think he's done a decent job given the circumstances. It sucks worse because his two horrible starts were against the Cubs. 

I like you as a poster, but it’s ok to just admit he sucked in a game.  You don’t need to act as Giolito’s publicist...we all like him.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Can’t wait for a few years from now where only Madrigal doesn’t have HR power in the lineup. Having a lineup with Jay, Yolmer and Tilson is comical in this home run era.

Was about to post the same thing.  Will be exciting not to have to watch these slappy scrub hitters starting next year.

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Nice perspective from Stone.  In the meantime, can I just say I can't stand Kasper.  I have to listen to his lame ass every week because we listen to Wxrt at work...just play music and stop orgasming over the friggen Cubbies!!!

Sorry had to get that off my chest.

Just now, wegner said:

Nice perspective from Stone.  In the meantime, can I just say I can't stand Kasper.  I have to listen to his lame ass every week because we listen to Wxrt at work...just play music and stop orgasming over the friggen Cubbies!!!

I can barely listen to sports radio in Chicago anymore because it’s either Len or Jesse Rogers on seemingly 5 times a day on either channel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

There are posters here that think he's good which is more disturbing. 

• Like 1