There's a fooking ballgame today folks! Cubs vs Sox!

ron883

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Give it time.  Doubles power and obp will happen.  I just want competent hitters 1 through 9 and I think he will get there. 

Aren't the Sox trying to compete next year? No way Walker will be ready anytime soon.

I'm gonna cry in my beer if I have to watch stiffs like Tilson, Jay, or Cordell again next year. 

• Thanks 1

I don’t see the Sox flipping the bill for Ozuna.  I am not a fan of Castellanos defense or lack of HR power.  Puig is tearing it up now and may price himself out of what the Sox will want to spend on him.

It will be interesting to see what route the Sox go.  RF will be the only starting position to fill.

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

Aren't the Sox trying to compete next year? No way Walker will be ready anytime soon.

I'm gonna cry in my beer if I have to watch stiffs like Tilson, Jay, or Cordell again next year. 

I see Walker as the long term solution.

I personally expect the Sox to pursue Puig for next year.

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Ozuna scares me, he looks completely disinterested on defense, has an extensive injury history and has been incredibly inconsistent.

I like Castellanos a lot, but not in the outfield.

Ozuna has had more PA's than Dickerson at least the last 3-4 years. 

So anyway, my 5 grueling starts comment was to those that are never happy about anything and claim Gio is a mental midget. I'd argue that the amount of thought and work he  put in this offseason into getting where he's at right now proves he's anything but. Gio has openly admitted that he's pretty unathletic, and because of that he's going to lose his release point from time to time. It is probably going to keep him from winning any Cy Young awards, but he's probably going to be a strong #2 with stretches where he pitches like an ace. 

I am fucking tired of people who b**** just to b****. Take that shit to PM. The Sox are about to get really fucking good and all they want to do is piss and moan. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I don’t see the Sox flipping the bill for Ozuna.  I am not a fan of Castellanos defense or lack of HR power.  Puig is tearing it up now and may price himself out of what the Sox will want to spend on him.

It will be interesting to see what route the Sox go.  RF will be the only starting position to fill.

The Sox rebuild is doomed if they cant even sign a guy like Pablo Ozuna. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

So anyway, my 5 grueling starts comment was to those that are never happy about anything and claim Gio is a mental midget. I'd argue that the amount of thought and work he  put in this offseason into getting where he's at right now proves he's anything but. Gio has openly admitted that he's pretty unathletic, and because of that he's going to lose his release point from time to time. It is probably going to keep him from winning any Cy Young awards, but he's probably going to be a strong #2 with stretches where he pitches like an ace. 

I am fucking tired of people who b**** just to b****. Take that shit to PM. The Sox are about to get really fucking good and all they want to do is piss and moan. 

He's not a mental midget. He's very tall and some of us are worried he's susceptible to control issues. He seems at a stage of the season he needs some coaching/help.

8 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

I think we will see Luis Robert and Nick Madrigal starting next year out of spring Training