There's a fooking ballgame today folks! Cubs vs Sox!

ron883

Just now, Heads22 said:

That being said, he's literally the last guy to b**** about this year. 

Couldn’t agree more. I’m disappointed in how he performed vs Cubs but thrilled overall with what we’ve seen this year.

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he has control/command issues throughout his career simply due to his size/mechanics

I'd get the tape out and show him over and over his delivery when it's smooth. There have been games he's poetry in Randy Johnson motion.

Just now, greg775 said:

I'd get the tape out and show him over and over his delivery when it's smooth. There have been games he's poetry in Randy Johnson motion.

I hope they consider just telling him to stop doing what he's doing wrong. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Couldn’t agree more. I’m disappointed in how he performed vs Cubs but thrilled overall with what we’ve seen this year.

The way he's pitching, it may be scary if he starts the all star game.

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

I hope they consider just telling him to stop doing what he's doing wrong. 

My favorite game-thread trope is when people exclaim "Just throw strikes!" Like the pitcher is actively trying to throw balls instead.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

The way he's pitching, it may be scary if he starts the all star game.

This is just one game. He was really good in the 5 inning rain delayed game. He will be just fine 

Just now, DirtySox said:

My favorite game-thread trope is when people exclaim "Just throw strikes!" Like the pitcher is actively trying to throw balls instead.

Well that's the same message pitching coaches give them. And in post game interviews pitchers always say they just need to throw strikes. 

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I wish they'd try to win, damnit.

Just now, fathom said:

This is an extremely poor lineup against LHP.  It’s kind of amazing they’ve played as well as they have against LHP of late.

Its been an amazing run of facing LHP, to be honest.

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

The lineup still is a black hole at the bottom. Anderson is missed in the lineup.

And the fact for some reason they can’t get an actual DH.  Jay and Tilson being in the same lineup against LHP is funny.