White Sox vs Cubs 1:10 PM Nova vs Hendricks

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Good example of TV showing Jose's value. Did you see him talking to Eloy after the bomb? Certainly was talking about something hitting related.

I actually think Abreu used his telekinetic powers to will Eloy into hitting the homer.

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Is Zack considered a toolsy player? Can't miss? He's off to a slow start hitting wise.

It doesn't help, AT ALL, that he's played seven games in about three weeks of being on the MLB roster. His handling has been disgusting.

Just now, The Sir said:

It doesn't help, AT ALL, that he's played seven games in about three weeks of being on the MLB roster. His handling has been disgusting.

They've been facing a ton of Lefties but yeah, the handling of him has been pretty bad.

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

You mean predominently giving Palka and Rondon DH opportunities wasn't a good idea? 😎

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

They've been facing a ton of Lefties but yeah, the handling of him has been pretty bad.

True, and I've beat this horse pretty well dead, but unless we are accepting that he can't hit lefties and will NEVER be able to, we should play him against lefties. Yoan sucked against lefties last year, but we didn't force him to drop switch hitting or just not face them, and now, he's doing better at it. That won't happen and Zack won't learn if we just avoid the situation entirely. And it's pretty shitty to ensure a first rounder has a future as a platoon player.

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You mean predominently giving Palka and Rondon DH opportunities wasn't a good idea? 😎

Ugh. Don't remind me. It makes me want to beat someone with a stick.

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

True, and I've beat this horse pretty well dead, but unless we are accepting that he can't hit lefties and will NEVER be able to, we should play him against lefties. Yoan sucked against lefties last year, but we didn't force him to drop switch hitting or just not face them, and now, he's doing better at it. That won't happen and Zack won't learn if we just avoid the situation entirely. And it's pretty shitty to ensure a first rounder has a future as a platoon player.

I agree with you.  He should be hitting against both but RR way over values the L/R splits.  Which is why you see obscene things like Jon Jay batting 5th in front of Eloy.