Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)

Richie

Just now, vilehoopster said:

Wow, working hard not to give Abreu credit. What is that? His 70th RBI? You’re right, no bat speed. Trade him.

he was badly late on a 91 mph fastball right down the middle then should have probably been rung up on a curve then ripped an awful changeup and I said good job.  

when will people realize i call everything like i see it here?  he's struggling and got a really good pitch to hit and didn't miss it the 2nd time.   the 1st fastball was right there and Jose of 2016 ripps that ball into the RF gap with authority he doesn't foul it off meekly.  merycy.

Someone pointed it out the other week Jose's oppo field stroke is gone.  He is cheating to pull everything.  You can kiss goodbye to any high BA from him.  270 is his over under now.  When is the last time you saw him drive a pitch hard into the gap the other way?  It used to be his calling card.

And look I'm an older fan now I've seen this happen to aging sluggers.  There are some fans that will hang onto the Jose's and Konerkos and Dyes until they need a wheelchair to round 1st.  That ain't it.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

McCann just got blown away by 3 straight 90 mph fastballs....yeah the honeymoon is over. The Sox need a starting quality catcher next season. 

Its almost like him hitting nearly 100 points above his career average for a couple months wasn't sustainable with a giant babip.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he was badly late on a 91 mph fastball right down the middle then should have probably been rung up on a curve then ripped an awful changeup and I said good job.  

when will people realize i call everything like i see it here?  he's struggling and got a really good pitch to hit and didn't miss it the 2nd time.   the 1st fastball was right there and Jose of 2016 ripps that ball into the RF gap with authority he doesn't foul it off meekly.  merycy.

Vilehoopster doesn't like facts. He likes to live in fantasy land 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

McCann just got blown away by 3 straight 90 mph fastballs....yeah the honeymoon is over. The Sox need a starting quality catcher next season. 

They’ve played him far too much. He needs days off, not just DH days. 

Just now, vilehoopster said:

Wow again. The guy saves the game two nights ago. Now he’s a bum. Trade him too.

you know it's always the fans like you that pretend to only watch the game and not read the box.  did you see james just get blown the fuck away by pitches a good juco player lines into the gap?

Come on.  Open your eyes.  If you can't see he's struggling you're blind!

Just now, caulfield12 said:

So we still need to fill RF, DH, catcher...wish I had a dollar for every occasion someone has said it was going to be so easy to find a DH/1B for the White Sox!

Meanwhile, Hahn’s selection of Nova continues to look dubious at best.

nova is the least of our worries after this year.  he's a villain because he's currently perhaps our 2nd best starter, which hey rip hahn all you fucking want there but injuries did a toll.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

So we still need to fill RF, DH, catcher...wish I had a dollar for every occasion someone has said it was going to be so easy to find a DH/1B for the White Sox!

Meanwhile, Hahn’s selection of Nova continues to look dubious at best.

Nova is a place holder.  I have no issue with him being on the team this year despite being dog shit.  He's stayed off the DL and gets blown up time to time.  

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

nova is the least of our worries after this year.  he's a villain because he's currently perhaps our 2nd best starter, which hey rip hahn all you fucking want there but injuries did a toll.

Which is crazy because statistically he and Lopez are 1 and 1A for the worst pitcher in baseball this season...at least we’re “leading” baseball in that dubious statistic over the last two seasons.

That’s really only a 1/900 likelihood of happening.

18 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I actually like power in the 2 hole.  I think if I'm not mistaken, the stats people say put your 2 best hitters 2 and 3 so they get more at bats.

Fox was what the prototypical #2 hitter was in the good old days.  Be able to take lots of pitches giving the lead off hitter a chance to steal...bat control to hit behind the runner or hit and run...high average and hard to strike out.  I like Madrigal for all those traits.  Because Madrigal is such a SB threat he will probably used as leadoff but would fill the 2 hole in the lineup very well IMO.  I know that thinking has changed with time but I still prefer the old concept because you were often leading after the first inning.