Game Thread - 09/12/19 - Royals @ Sox - Gio Day

BackDoorBreach

Sadly i think Sanchez keeps the job through all of next year.  The White Sox more than any other team in sports will stick with a lesser player because the chemistry he brings to the team/clubhouse is unparalleled in sport.

Ricky can't go quick enough but I am sure he will be on the field in the Chevy drive up next spring.

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Sadly i think Sanchez keeps the job through all of next year.  The White Sox more than any other team in sports will stick with a lesser player because the chemistry he brings to the team/clubhouse is unparalleled in sport.

Ricky can't go quick enough but I am sure he will be on the field in the Chevy drive up next spring.

He's too expensive, but the White Sox spending a couple million extra on their bench is not the worst thing  in the world when their payroll is so low. The money they didn't spend in the international market this year has to go somewhere, amiright? 

He should not keep the starting 2b job though.

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

How does a guy hitting eighteen bat 6th in a major league line up? He'll probably homer his next 3 ABs, but eighteen is his batting average. 

The same reason Jon Jay batted 4th.  Our manager listens to his gut and not logic.  

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I wonder how many players in major league history did have a batting average of .018 at any time during the season. I 

There is literally no one in baseball history outside of pitchers who have had >50 at bats and been this bad. The worst in history is apparently a pitcher, Doug Davis, who was 1 for 64. He's got to get down to 0.16 to beat that.